House of Peter I

This is the first building of St. Petersburg, the summer home of Peter I in the years 1703-1708, before the construction of the Summer and Winter Palace.
20 photos under the cut via deletant

1. Who is a wooden hut hidden in a brick "shell", built in 1844 by architect RI Kuzmina.

2. In 1852, a house surrounded by a cast-iron grate. In 1875, before the house installed a bronze bust by sculptor Peter Parmenas Zabello.

3. The cabin itself is 60 m² built soldiers carpenters for three days, from 13 to 15 May 1703.

4. It stands on the right bank of the Neva near Trinity Square.

5. The place was chosen in the rear of the fortress, so that the windows were visible strategically important objects - water expanses surrounding countryside and the ramparts of the fortress.

6. Initially the roof with wood carved mortar, and on the edges of the ridge were installed "bomb with a burning flame." These elements, now lost, pointed out that the king was both honorable company commander scorers Preobrazhensky Regiment.

7. The house is built of hewn Allen ("Finnish") pine logs, outside painted by brickwork.

8. Doors and windows, in the tradition of Russian architecture of the XVII century, were decorated with ornamental metal plates.

9. For those times unusually large windows king commanded to do with shallow rassteklovkoy.

10. In the house there were no stoves and chimneys, as Peter lived here only in the warm season.

11. In 1708-1731 years the house stood abandoned until around him did not put a stone gallery. For a long time in the cabin priceless relic - the icon of the Saviour's Image, owned by Peter I.

12. To worship the icon in 1742 at the request of Elizabeth in the former dining room was arranged chapel in honor of Our Saviour the way.

13. In 1930, a house became a museum, dining back the original look.

14. Inside the house is divided by only four rooms, dining room, porch and bedroom. Here are the real things that belonged to Peter I.

15. At the bedroom door from the dining area was struck architectural drawing.

16. The bedroom is exposed uniformed dress royal red cloth, cane eastern work, covered with leather stingray, with handle, decorated with gold leaf on black lacquer, as well as casting a hand with the imprint made on the Lipetsk Ironworks in 1707. Unfortunately, there is no bed.

17. The office is on the table smoking pipe of boxwood with agate inserts, presented to the king Menshikov.

18. The table stands armchair pear tree, which, according to legend, made the Peter I.

19. compartment "case" is also represented boat-Wherry, built by Peter himself.

20. This boat has served the king to cross to the other bank of the Neva.

Tags

See also

New and interesting