Sayings, parables become

Drunk man says Dorothy Parker: "I can not stand fools».
Dorothy Parker replied: "It seems that your mother could».

Peter Benchley - the famous American writer, author of the novel "Jaws" for which Spielberg directed his cult film. Once at the hotel door, he turned to the man in uniform: "My dear, if you please, call me a taxi».
The man in the form indignantly replied: "I'm not a doorman. Actually, I was rear-admiral of the Navy United States ».
Benchley: "Well, then call me a battleship».

The actress turns to James Hadley Chase: "I really liked your book. Who wrote it for you? »
Chase replied: "I am glad that you liked so much it. And who you read it? »

Philip, the Macedonian king, wrote in his message to the Spartans: "You must give up without delay, because if I bring his army in your country, I will destroy your farm, kill people and erase from the face of the earth your city».
Sparta response was succinct: "If».

Fan turns to Mozart: "Herr Mozart, I'm thinking about how to write a symphony. Could you give me some advice on where to start? »
Mozart "Symphony - a very complex musical form. Perhaps you should like to start with some simple little pieces, and then gradually reach symphony ».
Fan is not far behind: "But, Herr Mozart, you wrote a symphony at age eight!»
Mozart: "Yes, but I never asked how to do it».

When the owner of the hotel in Vienna apologized unbeaten British General Arthur Wellesley rudeness of some French officers who pointedly turned her back to him, the general replied: "Do not worry, ma'am, I've seen them back before».

Source: mixstuff.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting