Long time I have not had new posts by Orbiter'u. So today we'll talk about the regular staff of the game called Delta-glider, and aircraft coming from the Earth, fly to the moon base. Despite the fantastic job, it should be interesting enough - the problem of braking and landing on the moon is not as simple as it may seem. The fact that the Moon has no atmosphere, so will have to brake motors.
Delta-glider h4> This ship comes in basic version of the game. He has fantastic options:
The combination of orbital planes. Overclocking to the moon. The output of the orbit of the Moon. The combination of the orbital plane from the landing site. Braking and landing.
- Empty weight 11 tons of conventional, 13 tons of modification with Scramjet. Weighs about as empty MiG-29.
- The mass of fuel 13 tons.
- Length 17, 76 m. < /
- Wingspan 17, 86 m. Such length and wingspan comparable to medium bomber of WWII ( Do-17 ) or attack aircraft A-10 .
- < Thrust propulsion engines 2 * 160 kN (slightly more RD-0124 < / a>)
- The specific impulse propulsion engines ~ 4000. These parameters have , not in vain on the machine model in the engine compartment icon radiation hazard. combination parameters allows yourself to start with Earth, enter orbit, dock with the ISS and back, not including the mode of "infinite fuel." In fact, this is the dream of , the implementation of which are not even on the horizon.
Also, the device has a lifting engines, which enables to perform vertical takeoff and landing, and the wings that allow maneuver in the atmosphere. The combination of these properties makes the Delta-glider excellent device for learning and for pleasure flights.
- Start with the Earth and out into low circular orbit.
Make sure that we accurately aim. Reduce the orbit of 10-15 km. The scale of the map changes ZM + buttons and ZM-. Ship maintenance mode button switch TRK.
After that, be sure to save. The fun begins - we're going to land.