Google enters the market of smart homes, open API thermostats Nest

It looks like, the next big thing i> of the year - the smart home. Google announced API, allowing manufacturers to any home appliances and not only develop products that are compatible with the products Nest. The announcement was expected from the date of purchase "Google" engaged in the production of thermostats with Internet access Nest of 3, $ 2 billion in January.

Illustration Теккранча

According to the company, more than five thousand developers have already expressed interest in developing applications for Nest. Nest also will work directly with vendors such as home appliances manufacturer Whirlpool or automatic garage door Chamberlain. A Nest on Friday announced plans to acquire home video producer Dropcam, пишет Reuters. A Wired радует the fact that if you apart Nest thermostat there is also a Mercedes, it will adjust the temperature when you leave home. At the same time, of course, only temperature control opportunities Nest will not be limited - it can link all wi-fi compatible devices in the home.

API Nest - the third big statement in the topic of smart homes from the IT-market giants Google. Apple recently released a framework HomeKit a > to develop applications for managing home appliances with Apple-devices, and even before the plans develop Tizen as a universal operating system for smart homes , which will work on home appliances of their own production, announced in Samsung.

By the way, I once read a short story about a future in which Google has just been built into the home of the world population, accompanied everywhere, starting with a greeting in the morning. No one will remember the name? I think it was a horror film.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/227509/

Tags

See also

New and interesting