Samsung Gamepad: accessory for fans to play and fly ...

I can not count myself among the hardcore mobile gamers, but sometimes play into something spectacular on a smartphone is even desirable. For example, when the light is turned off, or when suddenly disappears internet. Yes, and at night in the train sometimes do absolutely nothing, while snoring neighbors coupe does not sleep. Here in this case, to the rescue comes and "time killer" in the form of Samsung Galaxy S4 with several toys. Usually it is a different version of Angry Birds, as well as race Asphalt 7 and 8. I am pleased to have played in a variety of shooters, but I have the following features: virtual (that is displayed on the screen of your smartphone) sticks and buttons are very poorly amenable pressed using fingers.

Some Asphalt, where the bulk of the control vested in accelerometer - no question. But if it's shooting game where you need to go back and forth, but still looking around - no, not roll. 15 minutes can play (and even then not too successful, due to the low reaction rate due to the need to move your finger across the screen without feedback, I quickly "bring down"), and then the hands get tired and gameplay solemnly completed. I will not deny: in connection with the above-described situation, I was very happy when I learned that Samsung has announced an accessory called Gamepad - it's such a joystick for smartphones running Android. Well, when I was able to find it on sale in Ukraine for less than $ 100 - luckily there was no limit. Of course, I bought this thing and drove carefully. Now I share impressions.

The first and, in my opinion, very important. If you watch the family Galaxy Gear exclusively compatible with smartphones Samsung, in case your gamepad Korean manufacturer demonstrates the wonders of democracy. The reviews Samsung Gamepad this point is rarely mentioned, but the fact remains that the joystick is quite a passable works with devices from other brands. For example, I was able to play with it on the 8-core Highscreen Thor : Asphalt ran 8, everything works fine, and settings are set automatically - and exactly the same as on SGS4.

Highscreen Thor fixed on Samsung Gamepad i>

With Dead Trigger 2 is more complicated: the game reported (see. Screenshot below) that found the joystick and offered to set it up.

Customize with gamepad case Highscreen Thor seemingly succeeded, but some buttons in the game for unknown reasons, I did not work. In general, I personally do not guarantee efficiency absolutely all toys on devices from other manufacturers. But something on some models may go. So if you have a device is from Samsung, and buy this accessory really want, I recommend to put as much as possible and go to the toy store - test. And if your favorite titles all will be OK, you can take.

So, the question of compatibility. To ensure that users did not arise mess with versions of toys and their performance, Samsung offers to download them to your device from a special subsection of the Samsung Apps by using the application S Console.

They collected versions of games that are specially optimized for Samsung Gamepad. But here the situation is twofold: firstly, as seen on occasion with Highscreen Thor, some games from Google Play and so sharpened by joysticks. Only need to set up their own (which takes a couple of minutes), while the version from Samsung Apps will be set initially. Secondly, a collection of optimized games in Samsung Apps yet not very big - only 54 pieces. Very much fresh no titles: Real Racing 2 (not 3), Dead Trigger (that is, only the first part).

Thirdly, Samsung Apps is known for two unpleasant features. First - slow download applications from there. (At least in the case of Ukraine). For example, the game Sonic CD volume of 260 MB infrequent loaded thence SGS4 for one hour (!). For comparison: Dead Trigger 2 (460 MB) download on Highscreen Thor from Google Play for 5 minutes. The second feature of the Samsung Apps, which also can not be attributed to the category of pleasant - low refresh rate toys. I remember, Asphalt 8 on Google Play once already managed to upgrade to version 1.0.2, and Samsung Apps, it still offered in version 1.0.0.

C on the other hand, sometimes there are Samsung Apps and benefits: so, the game Critical Missions SWAT worth it 20 hryvnia, and Google Play - over 40. I read on the internet that some of the game in the "Lever" section are available for Samsung Apps money, while Google Play are available for free. Well, I do not know. Checked items 25 and this situation is not met.

Critical Missions SWAT on Google Play and Samsung Apps i>

All that I here's what: if you bought a Samsung Gamepad, then you can safely experiment and load toys from anywhere - both from the corporate directory, and from Google Play. This thing does not limit you in selecting the source, that, in my opinion, good.

As for convenience. Played on Samsung Galaxy S4 in Asphalt 8 with the joystick. Honestly, no buzz words: control in this game is so simple that a bunch of "touch screen + Accelerometer" seems to me in this case is much more comfortable.

Downloaded from Samsung Apps game Dead Trigger. Delight no limit: I finally was able to not just go through "100 meters" and fill up 5 zombies and complete several missions. The same goes for Dead Trigger 2 is not in the Samsung Apps and who had to swing from Google Play.

Dead Trigger 2 i>

Well, here's Sonic CD. Too much easier than with a touchscreen. I would even say "at times".

Sonic CD i>

Finally - something about the characteristics of Samsung Gamepad. Location and destination keys can be explored here in this picture:

Bind the joystick to the smartphone comes with Bluetooth, and is designed to accelerate interface NFC. The device may have a diagonal of 4 to 6, 3 inches - larger specimens simply will not fit in the "taped", retractable rear joystick. The latter, incidentally, has rubber inserts at points of contact with the body of the smartphone - to the latter does not scratch. Charge Samsung Gamepad necessary approximately every 5 hours.

Oh, and one more important point: while playing a smartphone does not have to be fixed on Gamepad'e. This means that the device can be connected via MHL / HDMI to a TV or monitor and use the accessory as a wireless joystick.

In general, I am satisfied with the purchase and can wholeheartedly recommend Samsung Gamepad for those who can not manage to shooters and other such games with touchscreen. Pleasure definitely get paid at the same time not too big sum.

PS Not so long ago I bought a Drone Parrot Ar. Drone 2.0 Power Edition. Wonderful stuff, only manage it with the touchscreen for me, once again, we obtain the average.

Parrot Ar. Drone 2.0 Power Edition i>

And even worse than in the games, there you at least look at the screen and see the virtual sticks, and here we must look like as in the sky and watch the drones. Because of this control to display a couple of times I even accidents and sudden crash.

So, Samsung Gamepad is even possible to adapt to control Parrot Ar. Drone 2.0 Power Edition - though not with the help of corporate applications from Parrot, and through third-party development. That program interface ARDrone Flight Pro 40 hryvnia from Google Play: press a button on the joystick - and the corresponding keys move obediently on the screen. Testing has shown that everything works fine, superior control drone increased significantly.

ARDrone Flight Pro i>

So if you like to play on your phone, and even bought / plan to buy Parrot Ar. Drone 2.0, then the joystick from Samsung for you all "must-hev."

Source: habrahabr.ru/company/smartgadget/blog/219221/

Tags

See also

New and interesting