WWDC 2014. First impressions eyewitness

From San Francisco, in sunny California, with the first results WWDC 2014 - Arthur Sakharov, CTO Redmadrobot.

O WWDC h5> A lot of people spent the night before the Keynote at Moscone Center on mattresses to go to the gym first. In the queue at the entrance, I saw a guy who was so nervous in anticipation of the show that he had already shook hands - he cupcake in his mouth does not get. Those who come at WWDC for the tenth time, they say that invariably engaged by each year. All developers communicate with each other, it is a real community. And then this drive - it motivates to develop.

The hall was packed to Keynote - 6000 developers from around the world clapped once. The presentation was full of incredibly cool from a technical point of view - about some of the technical solutions do not understand how they were made. Yes, everything is calculated, all devices are connected to some internal systems to work notice and so on. But it's very cool.

Cook after the presentation ran backstage all 6000 developers would catch him ...

About product h5> - I may say so - that the conference live up to its name. It was a show for developers and Apple has prepared all their decisions for them. No new hardware, so it all - but from existing Apple devices squeezed darkness functions. The same TouchID i> - it anew zayuzat and made available to applications. This is a huge leap.
The first day was over, the developers now say: «They write on Twitter that developers are disappointed. Bullshit, developers are super excited, gadget freaks are the only ones who are disappointed! ».

- Earlier in the debate always remembered that iOS sucks because it does not have of Custom keyboard i> , and in their great variety of Android. Okay, got an elegant solution - Apple introduced the external API for such keyboards, and they all work in the inner sandbox - no private data network utekut not in principle. For exactly Swype will.
The Company generally zaimpruvila all existing glands just what they can do under the new software. That is part of the functional finally gave into the hands of developers, rather than developing its own.

- New policy Apple - Soup all integrated into a single system. From the stage at the Keynote sounded many times the word continuity i> - this is when you can simultaneously use a Mac, tablet, phone, start the process on one device, finish on the other. It's cool - developers can do once the whole agglomeration of applications.
Google is moving in the same direction: controls Chrome on your computer and Android-phones, but Google, apparently, will not be integrated with the normal desktop (omit the Chrome OS). And Apple makes all devices under one brand, and these devices synchronously updated (with the problem than Google) and work together.
But until that moment never Mac OS X so strongly integrated with the mobile platform. And now the desktop smoothly flows into the mobile platform, and vice versa, it all becomes a single ecosystem.
confirmed my vision , that smart watches and so on. Wearable device - is not no new features, and just new features, features that are added to what is already there. More features that are shared between devices.
This is similar to that which will move the progress in general - all combined in a single ecosystem. What was five or ten years ago of the perfect future? What is a strong fast web and displays a single portal in the cloud - a user on any device comes back and gets access to their virtual data. By this all goes. The Web is not so strong, but a platform to penetrate each other completely.

- iOS 8 i> Apple is aware of its shortcomings and spoke about the new search, a new catalog and so on. - The company is trying to stir up the App Store, the figures were announced: 1, 2 million appov and 75 billion downloads, and this year joined by more users than in all previous years together taken, and these new users go to App Store, to see what is there. So the big goal - to give access to interesting applications. And the main feature - the normal App Store. Let's see if it will work.

- Apple for the first time realizes communication between applications i>

Widgets i>. Now you can get the widgets to the Top application and the entire system. It was a huge issue, for example, in the banking sector - how do we make the notification? Here is a person wrote off the money and we can send him an appropriate message. And everything. And now we can take any information - account balance, interactive some counters, jawbone - and all of this output. This will help the user to communicate with the application at all times. Plus the fact that you can from the status bar to respond to messages - all goes to the fact that people will get the phone out of his pocket less and less. If Apple made watches, there is likely to be similar interface, the same notification widgets. This steeper analogue Google Now - there, in contrast to Google Now, you can display interactive.

HomeKit i> - integration with home automation platforms. Is a product of Smart Things - a platform, which integrates a bunch of sensors and which has its application. She's very much that allows you to do, but it has not yet broken the market.
There's Nest - thermostat without all that completely (and beautifully) integrated with iOS, it has a cool application that will make former top executives of Apple. The project was bought by Google for $ 3, 2 billion. Nest is popular, although functional there a hundred times less than in the Smart Things. That is a quality integration with iOS much decides to sell the devices.
Now there is a chance that this whole home automation will step forward, because the sensors are already there, it's only for the integration, which will help to simplify management. Billions of devices and millions of potential buyers of smart appliances.

CloudKit i> enables you to write an application with the backend on the side of Apple. This is similar to what Windows does in its Azure. For most applications, the backend is needed - now, this must stop the small office that can issue only interface, but do not know how to pick up all the server. And then you zapilivaem application and the backend to it automatically works. Impruvment from the viewpoint of design. This means that there will be more client-server applications. But of course, this decision will not cancel a job with complex projects - for example, when integrated with the banks.

And this is Apple Design Awards h6> fun activities.
Especially liked all SkyGuide , Device9 and Monument Valley .
Incidentally, the main prize Apple Design Awards (besides the glowing cube premium) - one copy of everything that makes Apple (all sizes ): MacPro, iMac, MacBook, iPad, iPhone, iPod, monitors, etc.

II part
III part
IV part

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/225155/

Tags

See also

New and interesting