Along Donu- Father

There is a lot written about travel outside of our country. About the fabulous beaches of the Maldives and the mysteries of Indian pagodas. For information on how to travel half the world and see many attractions.

I want to tell you about our country, about the quiet, nice to me since childhood beauty of its middle band. My story goes on exceptional location, situated on a hill in the middle reaches of the river Don. This is an amazing place called Divnogorie.

11 photo.

Divnogorie-museum-reserve in Liski district of Voronezh region of Russia. Located 10 kilometers west of the district on the right bank of the Don River and 80 km south of Voronezh. The museum was founded here in 1988, and in 1991 he received the status of the museum-reserve. The museum-reserve is one of the most popular and the most recognizable landmarks of the Voronezh region.

Since ancient times, this land our ancestors lived and built their cities, raise cattle, sow bread. At the beginning of the ninth century on the high bank of the Don appeared Mayaki settlement. Mayaki settlement - a medieval fort IX-X centuries, located on a promontory at the farm Divnogorie Voronezh region at the confluence of the River Don in Quiet Pine. It includes white-stone fortress settlement with burial ground and potteries. Monument Saltovo-Mayaki archaeological culture. The first mention of the settlement was made in 1648 in the construction of the city Korotoyak book titled "Mayaki old fort." The name is not recorded in the traditions of the local population, and its etymology is unclear. Has been suggested that it is associated with a lighthouse on the cape for river boats, but after a site survey found no remains of the lighthouse bylo.V the 2nd half of the XVII century on the cape was founded Assumption cave monastery, the construction of which was used stone blocks of the walls settlement.

More photos

Here, near the confluence of the Don and Quiet Pines passed and trade routes and conquests. Scythians and Khazars to these steppes rode their horses. Tatars and Mongols also not bypassed the party places. But Rusichi again and again asserted their right to live on this land. The first missionaries came from the Azov Sea to the north bringing Christianity to Russia along the Don River. There are first carved into the chalk cliffs Temples. Life here was not easy. In these places we lived the harsh labor and the people hardened military campaigns.

Originally, the soldiers lived here-farmers, defended the southern borders of Russia from the nomads. Often they themselves make long trips to the south. The fame of the valiant men with Don was all over Russia. She came to us in the form of stories and songs. Many think I remember a song about Stenka Razin.

"Volga, Volga, dear mother,
Volga - Russian River,
Not seen you gift
From Don Cossack!

To avoid contention
Between free men,
Volga, Volga, dear mother,
On, beautiful accept! ยป

A powerful flick raises
He beautiful princess
And it throws overboard
The wave ascended.

It is from these places went Don Cossacks. Cossacks, driving continuous war for the glory of the Russian Empire, was always a great loss of life. In order to make up I had to take them to themselves and people from all over Russia. Among them there were also escaped from their landlords. Because the kings had concluded an agreement on all of the claims of the landowners to give them back their slaves to respond - With DON ISSUE NO!

These places have experienced and daring during the Civil War and the Great Patriotic fire. Not a few tanks and self-propelled guns frozen on a concrete pedestal in the surrounding towns and villages in memory of the Russian soldiers laid down their lives here.

They seem to be frozen, but should come closer and a feeling that now sound team roar of diesel, and tons of Ural Steel again rush into battle. A rust on metal salyary replace soot and powder gases.

Posted in [mergetime] 1402983185 [/ mergetime]
I hope to tell you next time on the other, no less beautiful places and Belogorie Kostomarovo. Located just south of the river Don.

The beauty of these places

From the hill to the plain view

Post compiled based on my travels. Supplemented with information from Wikipedia and sites www.podonu.ru/ www.divnogor.ru/ wikella.ru/post190695359
Additions and corrections are welcome!

I hope to tell you next time on the other, no less beautiful places and Belogorie Kostomarovo. Located just south of the river Don.

Tags

See also

New and interesting