Phone keypad braille on sale

Hi, Habr!

Continuing the theme of empowerment, be sure to think about the use of communication in persons with low vision and blind. I'm sure they already use their phones, but this is due to some inconveniences.

This problem has decided to fix the company OwnFone, which produces since 2012 phones using 3D-printing. Simply put, the company offers a constructor that allows you to 50-60 pounds to make a simple phone with its own design - for a child, for myself, for my grandmother. Or for a person who is much more comfortable to use the phone in Braille.

manufacturer offers no ready phones and designer . You can select text buttons, a photo or Braille version. After that, you will be offered the number of buttons, as well as design - available, or you can upload your own. The most expensive phone will cost about 70 pounds.

Technology used for the production of 3D-printing. This is what allows for "flexibility" in the production of gadgets for everyone. Unfortunately, only for the British.

Thus, OwnFone, almost without changing anything in their work, can now provide a convenient phone use by people with limited vision.

Testing this version spent seven year old boy named Will.

About the specifications say nothing. Screen Phone no, all the buttons are made initially in the constructor, the same number is chosen, then they subscribe - text, photos or Braille. Design can be downloaded by you, or choose from existing ones. All utterly simple.

This is interesting:
Smart wheelchair-transformer
Empowering
To your health! Ten of the most interesting novelties 2014
To your health! Wearable devices in sports medicine and

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/223477/

Tags

See also

New and interesting