Tea plantations Munnar

He writes a_chernyh
Alexander Chernykh:

Tea - how much of this word. It is possible to love and not. You can understand the variety or drink a lifetime of bagged trash without knowing that there are alternatives. Tea is a culture and ceremonies, business and hard work, excess profits dealers and paltry wage workers. Tea on the shelves and tables can be very different in appearance, quality and price. But there is one thing that unites all of these factors - growing tea is very nice.

India ranks second in the world in production and export of tea. Production began in 1863, after the British East India Company brought to India tea bushes from China.

For good growth of tea needs a warm climate with plenty of moisture retained in the roots. Therefore, most of the tea plantations located in the mountainous areas of the tropical and subtropical climate.

Trees plantations - is the same tea bushes, specifically left to provide shade. Yes, you understood correctly, if not processed tea bush - it grows here in a "tree»

Generally plantation is a private area on which just walking is not recommended. But our guide easily arranged with local and we were allowed to go.

Many compare the plantation with a maze, but I do not agree with them. Almost everywhere the tea planted in neat lines, so you can go and collect the fresh leaves.

All this green splendor creates an indescribable atmosphere.

Among the many plantations have a particularly scenic. With its lakes.

And it is absolutely delightful hanging bridges.

Construction creaks, but it looks quite reliably.

I have a suggestion that in the rainy season the water level is much higher.

Geometry tea :)

By the way the plantation is the only country I have seen in India, where the road is almost no hotels and cafes.

Houses are only available for operating personnel.

I do not know whether the owners of the plantations practicing relaxation in their possession, but I certainly would not have refused to build a small cottage and come from time to time.

The area around the simply delicious.

Mountains, even those with no sharp ridges and ice caps, still remain far off.

Some people are fortunate to have on site at all rather big lake.

With his "tea peninsula»

Gather it like such a lovely woman.

Basically, people are working on the plantations of the neighboring state of Tamil as above Local refused to engage in such work for the fee that they were offered.
A day in the sun, moving over rough terrain plantations, they fill the bags with fresh leaves.

These plantations do not practice manual assembly, to help working women come here are tricky "scissors". On the tea bush, they put a flat stick, serving level and cut the leaves on it. When the bag at the "scissors" is filled - it emptied into the bag hanging on the head or lying next to the bushes. In this way produce good quality tea impossible, since in the bag with the leaves can get part of the branches and other debris.

Weight bags after hours can reach 25-30 kg. and the wages of these women about $ 3 a day.

Assembled tea delivered to the box near the factory for processing.

Here in these multi-colored houses of tea pickers live. Almost at the workplace.

And hundreds of hands transform the landscape into something amazing. The scale is simply amazing, everywhere where you do not look, the mountains are covered with a pattern of tea bushes!

Do you like tea, which do you prefer? Maybe there are special recipes? I would really appreciate if you share your favorite ways to prepare this drink.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting