The most expensive coffee in the world

Lovers of coffee, and just curious people will be interested to learn about the production of the most expensive coffee in the world.
Happy viewing and fragrant kofepitiya you.

Author: Today we have got into the interior of the island of Java, in order to know the country of coffee tradition. And it's not that the coffee produced here is the most expensive in the world and that it is not only growing, but is mined :) Here's the coffee seedlings, carefully covered with a mesh of pests and Javan hot sun.

And this is - a lonely coffee tree (the size of a bush). White flowers soon turn into berries with red cloth - so-called coffee cherries - a treat for the Asian Palm Civet, a small animal civet family. Asian Palm Civet in the local dialect is also called luwak - and this name will stick.

In nature luwak eats only the best berries (that he, the fool or something bad to eat?), Digesting the thin skins and pulp, discarding the solid coffee bean with feces. It is a natural method of reproduction natural bone. And it would be simple and not interesting, people do not start to collect waste products luwak, wiping out their coffee beans and brewing obzharivaya them later with great fanfare ...

Indonesian People's Game "Catch luwak." It is believed that "special taste» (tm) resulting beverage attach enzymes gastric Asian Palm Civet, which include civet ... I now wonder something else: who first guessed brewing animal excrement? Looks like a great educator was! .. :)

Do not think that luwak eats only coffee beans. Coffee for it - treat. Normal diet is papayas and bananas in large quantities, and coffee - just dessert. Adult luwak a day can sluvachit skhomyachit no more than a pound of berries. The cells behind the worker - home luwak contained on the plantation.

"On the handle!". Mom with kids coffee. Probably, if I feed every day for a pound of coffee, I too will be eyes like a "stretched over the globe owl» ©.

You brought me berries? It is believed that the best luwak eats grain. In nature and can eat, but not on a plantation. What is given, then it sharpens. Luwak - animal feeds at night and only in the dark. During the day sitting in a cell, and if it turns out that with great reluctance, because the process of eating beans, we could not shoot.

Coffee ordered? On the plantation home to 180 individuals, regularly Tochal grain and outstanding mountain intermediates. Here in this form luwak expels from itself eksklyuziff.

Shrinkage and outage. These beans are washed and dried ...

... And the coffee is ready for frying.

Grain shovel medium roast.

Weigh me polchashechki ...

Actually, now about the price tag. For orientation, one American dollar - a 9500 Indonesian rupiah, ie kg of fecal exclusive coffee (with purchase at the plantation) will set you back $ 180. When you export price tag doubled and sometimes tripled.

We tried it. Coffee coffee. The one that we are now serving in Java - a lot of aromatic and rich taste. I will say is subjective, but I think that "luwak coffee" - the crown of creation Indonesian managers. Vparivat for huge money outright (literally) gov ... well, you get the idea - is this not an art? :) And you would have to drink a coffee?

Source: dima-chatrov.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting