Oculus Rift. INFA and Experience.

It happened here the other day to buy a Developer Kit virtual reality glasses Oculus Rift. What is this crap so, several of information and experiences on the use.

6 photos + video.

For those who do not know - the whole mess brewed here these two dudes - Lucky Palmer and John Carmack, gathered at the Kick 2, 5 Lyama all here unloved dollar. At the moment, the world of print for nearly 75,000 devices Oculus Rift, but this is a prototype for developers, consumer version is scheduled for the third quarter of 2014, not long to wait. In August, another prototype will Oculus Crystal Cove - there will be a small screen and a lot fatter sensors on the body that will monitor not only where you look, but also the position of the head relative to the body - you can look out from the cockpit or from the corner. Just a week ago the office with giblets bought Facebook for 2 yards.

So, a short search in Yandex allowed to find vendors who promptly delivered shtukentsiyu to our office for 22,500 rubles. Since then he UWB course costs $ 300, normal nakrutochka. The cherished suitcase are: own glasses, a box where all the stick, charger and a set of interchangeable lenses. Plugs for HDMI + USB, pretty quick to set up. Sami glasses are very light in weight, as I understood only within the small screen and two ogromennye lens, which stretched image.

The first WOW effect happens when you turn on the demo immediately after calibration. It turns on a small island with a house in the Italian style in the middle. The sun was shining, the birds are chirping, coming to the edge, you can admire the sea. The depth of immersion is very high - the first thing I want to look at their hands, but they are not in the demo. The image has nothing to do with the screen, it as such is not present - all of the volume and of such size as to be in life. Vertical viewing angle full, horizontal small dark region on the border of view. It seems that you are in a diving mask. Impression course podgazhivaet a low screen resolution. Pixels are huge and striking - nothing can be done, a prototype. The custom version promises resolution to 4K, it will certainly be a fire!
Next kryshesnosyaschy piece is a roller coaster ride on the engine, Unreal - reduces stomach and want to squint. That you understand how it feels real, I probably will make vidos with the reaction of people to this and other demos:
Separate words deserves a second Halfa! Valve were among the first to support the developers and they confuse to make a version of the game specifically for the Oculus Rift. The first few minutes I sat open-mouthed with delight! I could walk through the City 17, combines the human growth stood as living and was very dumb, when they started to push me. The game, which was zamusolena up holes since pizdyukovogo age appeared in a completely new light. I really felt like shit Gordon Freeman and half spun stupidly at the station, studying the surroundings. Skirmishes just do above all praise - the sight induced mouse, but simply moved across the field of view, and the hand with a gun after moving sight. Unfortunately, the prototype is not yet perfect otkolibrovan, so long did not play - in an hour you begin to feel nauseous and the virtual world becomes a thrill.

Posted in [mergetime] 1396861081 [/ mergetime]
But how zamorochitsya guys who develop "runner" for virtual reality. I think any fan of the GTA would have given much to here and so walk along Liberty City.

Posted in [mergetime] 1396861139 [/ mergetime]
Not forgotten, and fans of shooters
letalok

Just imagine what will be the game when the gadget is finished and will improve! It came to an end the era of TVs and monitors. Already among the demos have simulator theater where you are supposedly in the middle of the hall and look at the big screen in advance the downloaded movie. One of the studios has announced the filming format Oculus, where you find yourself in the midst of the events themselves and determine where to look and what to focus. And what opportunities for engineers and designers - have developed sensors capable of up to a millimeter to track the movement of each finger in the space above them.
Let's tell already that you think about all this. I type all.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting