Facebook buys Oculus VR 2 instagramma

On Tuesday, March 25th, Facebook announced the purchase of the company Oculus VR for $ 2.000.000.000.
$ 400,000,000 in cash plus 23,100,000 ordinary shares of Facebook (each worth now ~ $ 64).

«Mobile devices is now the main platform, and now we are preparing for the platforms of the future» i> - Mark Zuckerberg said.
«Oculus has a chance to create the social platform of the future, change the way we work, play and communicate» i>.

«Besides games, we plan to apply the Oculus for many other areas. Imagine a virtual sporting events with the best places on the podium, virtual lessons with teachers and students from around the world, private consultation with a doctor - just wearing glasses without leaving home. » I>

«It's a completely new way of communication. Due to the effect of presence, you can enjoy a variety of spaces and infinite possibilities with others. Imagine not just share the fact the event with your friends, and share presence in this event or adventure. » I>

At 3:15 Pacific time spent Facebook conference call ( finished ) to this thread.
On the conference call conference call, investors ask "Che so much?", "You've already bought instagram and vatsap, maybe it's time to stop?" And "When will recoil?" To which Mark replied that Facebook and Oculus together take over the world, and that in the future it will bring a bunch of money.
Link to the transcript of the call will appear here later - when his decipher and lay out on the site, but the truth is exactly the way it was.

Wikipedia :
Oculus Rift - Head-mounted display with a wide field of view, low latency and reasonable price. Developed by Oculus VR (about 20 employees) collected 91 million dollars, of which 2.4 million were collected on kraudfandingovoy platform Kickstarter. The company was founded Lucky Palmer, co-founder Scaleform, and John Carmack (later became CTO in Oculus VR). Developer kits are sold in the summer of 2013.
The consumer version, 'Oculus Rift Consumer', scheduled for release in the third quarter of 2014.

Sources:
TechCrunch
Post Brand and classmates.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/217103/

Tags

See also

New and interesting