Russia - this is interesting

Russia - the largest country in the world, an area of ​​17.1 million square kilometers. This is about 1/8 of the total land area.

Forests cover about 60% of the country. In Russia, 2, 5 million. Rivers and 3 million. Lakes, 10% of the area occupied by swamps.





Russia is considered a European country, but 2/3 of the country is in Asia.

Due to the long distance from the West to the East of the country 10 time zones.

In the area of ​​Yakutia is Oimyakon "Pole of Cold" - the average temperature in January in the village of -61 C. Nowhere in the world there are no more places at such low temperatures are constantly people live and work.



Russia borders on 16 states.

Russia is ranked seventh in the world in terms of population, the country is home to about 145 million. People. 79% of the population are Russian. Of the remaining 21% allocated Tatars (20%), Ukrainians (10%), Bashkirs (6%), Chuvash (6%), Chechens (5%), Armenians (4% Mordvinians (3%).

The most popular holidays in Russia - New Year (January 1), Victory Day (May 9), the International Women's Day (March 8).




Moscow - one of the most expensive and richest cities in the world. The level of wages in Moscow differs from the usual province of 3 times.

Moscow - the third city in the world by the number of billionaires (and not so long ago was the first)

ALASKA

Alaska was sold to the United States in 1867 for the sum of a little more than $ 100 million in terms of date. After 30 years after the sale of gold deposits discovered there began the famous "Gold Rush", and in the 20th century were discovered and large oil and gas fields with total reserves amounting to 100-180 billion dollars. However, if we had not sold Alaska, there was a great risk of losing it all without compensation. The British Empire, with which we have had hostile relations could occupy Alaska and join Canada.




PEOPLE

Sergey Brin, one of the two founders of Google - Russian




Two leader of the largest peasant wars in Russia, Stepan Razin and Emelyan Pugachev, were born with a difference of about 110 years in the same small village - Zimoveyskoy.



Among the decrees of Peter I was the one in which was commanded to sew buttons on the front of the soldiers' uniform sleeves. At first glance, they're useless, but at the time the decree had a clear goal: to wean the soldiers, most of whom were recruited from a peasant background, sleeve to wipe his mouth after eating to keep longer expensive cloth.



Max Factor - a world-renowned cosmetics company - founded Faktorovich Maximilian, who was born in 1877 in Poland, then part of the Russian Empire. His first shop he opened in the city of Ryazan, gradually achieved the status of the supplier of the royal family, and in 1904 emigrated to the United States.



In late 1991, with New Year's address to the nation it was a complete mess. Gorbachev was formally president of the USSR, but it does not solve anything. Yeltsin Dec. 31 had drunk and was also not in a position to congratulate. Honorable role offered Mikhail Zadornov, who was the leading "blue fire". Satirist performed live and so carried away that spoke for a minute longer. For him arrested chiming clock.



In summer 1994, Boris Yeltsin visited the Krasnoyarsk, where he was given a ride on a boat along the Yenisei. During a drunken presidential spokesman Vyacheslav Kostikov accosted Yeltsin jokes. He gave the command standing next assistants Kostikova throw overboard, which was done.



Russian figure skater Alexei Yagudin became a four-time world champion, three-time European champion and Olympic champion in 2002. However, during his career he has never managed to win the championship of Russia.



The painting "Morning in a Pine Forest" Ivan Shishkin wrote not one, but in collaboration with Konstantin Savitsky (who drew the bears). However, the collector Pavel Tretyakov after the acquisition of the painting erased Savitsky's signature, so that now the author of the picture indicates a Shishkin.



Vitas - the most popular contemporary Russian artist in China, which puts it in first place among all Russian artists of the total number of fans in the world.



And about sore ...

Export name Lada Kalina Finland - Lada 119, as in Finnish means Kalina crackling roar, and the sound of rattling.



Tags

See also

New and interesting