Always interested in learning more about the world in which you live! This site contains a selection of "most-most" of the facts about different countries. < 1. The country with the largest number of people in jail: the United States. When it comes to in order to hide someone in jail, the country has no equal. The US is home to 5% of the world's population and 25% of the total number of prisoners in the world are in prison here is -2, 2 million people.
Second place goes to Russia - a country with the lowest percentage of acquittals in the civilized world - 1, 5 million. In third place - China, 870 thousand. 2. The country with the thickest citizens: Nauru. 95% of the population of this small island nation are overweight. The reason? Nothing special, they simply eat too much and move a little.
3. The country, which most likely will soon be under water: Maldives. Residents of the Maldives have a serious reason to be afraid of flooding: due to global warming the island every year more and more immersed in the water.
4. Countries covered by the maximum number of time zones: France. If we consider all the French territory, including overseas, it turns out that the country is located on the 12 time zones. US takes 11 zones, Russia - 9.
5. The only country in the world with roads of coral: Guam. In Guam, there is no natural sand, so there do asphalt using corals and oil.
6. The country with the largest number of lakes: Canada. 60% of the world's lakes are in Canada: more than 3 million lakes, occupying 9% of Canadian land.
7. The most arid countries: Libya. 99% of Libya is covered by desert, in some areas there is no rain for decades.
8. The country is the largest producer-op * mind: Afghanistan. It produces an incredible 95% of the op * crazy world.
9. Country-largest producer of oxygen in the world: Russia. In Siberia, growing approximately 25% of the world's forests, which cover an area larger than the continental United States, making Russia the world's most powerful processor of carbon dioxide into valuable oxygen.
10. The country with the least amount of forest: Haiti. Forests in Haiti is almost completely cut down. This is evident even on satellite images: you can determine where on the border with Haiti, the Dominican Republic, where the forests are still growing.
11. The most warlike nation in the world: Somalia. According to the Global Peace Index has overtaken Iraq and Somalia became the most belligerent country in the world, constantly attacking the neighboring countries. Somalis are in a constant state of war and in a state of permanent revolution. All this is due to the fact that Somalia - the poorest country in which the population is not even enough food.
12. The most educated country world: Canada. 50% of the population of this country have a lower than average education is not special. For Canada to be Israel - 45%, Japan - 44%.
13. The world's largest city-state: Singapore.
14. The country with the highest number Yazaki: Papua New Guinea. Although English is the official in the country, in fact it is a pure formality in English is saying no more than 2% of the population. Papua New Guinea is used more than 820 different languages, representing 12% of the world's languages.
15. The country with the largest number of sheep per capita: Falkland Islands. It is home to 3000 people and 500 000 sheep. Not surprisingly, the export of wool brings the main income of the islands.
16. The least densely populated country - Mongolia. Population density Mongolia - 4 persons per 1, 5 sq km. Compare this with Hong Kong's Mong Kok, having the world's highest density of population is 340 000 for the same one and a half square kilometers.
17. The country with the largest number of tanks: Russia. In Russia there are 21,000 tanks, followed by the USA with 16,000 tanks.
18. The country with the youngest population in the world: Niger. About half of Nigeria's population is younger than 15 years. Since 80% of its territory is covered by desert, it seems, the only thing there is left to do - it's children.
19. The country with the largest number of citizens living not in it: Malta. After several economic crises, combined with an increased level of fertility Malta has experienced several waves of emigration, which has led to the fact that at the moment outside Malta is home to more of its citizens than in itself.
20. The most diverse country in the world: India. In almost every respect: cultural, economic, climatic, racial, linguistic, ethnic and religious India is the largest variety in the world, or takes the 2nd place.