Sports history

10th place:
«Hijo de puta». Shortly after the beginning of his career in Madrid "Real" David Beckham received a red card for what the judge called in Spanish "the son of a prostitute." Later, Beckham said (in English): "I did not know that these are bad words. I've heard that some guys from my team so it was called, and then said those words myself. "

9th place:
"I do not think hitting his head on the ball on something affect - the players and so pretty stupid." Press secretary of the Premier League in 1995, commented medical research data that hitting the ball head injures brain cells.

8th place:
"If they know how to make penicillin out of moldy bread, and some of you something to make sure." Rather compliment with unpleasant overtones than the open insult. This phrase Muhammad Ali said certain young boxer.

7th place:
"My wife just had a baby." - "Congratulations! And from whom? ". So Joe Frazier pinned his opponent in boxing Ken Norton.

6th place:
However, Frezier was a good school. "Joe Frazier so ugly that he should donate his face Wildlife Management United States." This mockery of Muhammad Ali Frazier took very much to heart.

5th place:
"Lie down on the ground, then you will know" - so reacted American boxer Willie Pep the question of the old enemy the ring: "Do you recognize me?»

4th place:
"He has all that it takes a boxer but agility, endurance, possession fists and ability to withstand when they beat you. In other words, he has a pair of trunks. " So spoke the American columnist Blackie Sherrod about a contender for the title of champion in the heavyweight division.

3rd place:
"I'm not following Kournikova. I want to win matches. " So Maria Sharapova responded to a bad compliment to a foreign journalist.

2nd place:
"He can not kick the ball left foot, can not beat the ball head can not put running boards and scored few goals. And the rest - a normal football player. " This is George Best has listed numerous talents of David Beckham.

1st place:
That said Marco Materazzi to Zidane's sister Zineddina. Or his mother, or terrorism. No one really knows what the defender said the Azzurri during the final match of the World Cup in 2006, but Materazzi insult so riled Zidane, he hit his head on the chest and was sent off. However, some athletes differ really good sense of humor. "They did finally found." So said Eddie Edwards, nicknamed "Eagle", when asked, that showed an x-ray of the brain after injury when they jump on skis.

Tags

See also

New and interesting