A pair of rare black rhinos

Paradoxusik comrade gave the public its Internet-photo report on the trip to Dvur Kralove (ZOO Dvur Kralove)

The zoo has closed, stayed a few minutes and I had to rush to Prague. But I picked up speed, wanted more time to run past the enclosures with rhinos. The zoo in Dvur Kralove is world famous for its collection of horned pachyderm. First of all, I would like once again to see the northern white rhinos - disappearing before our eyes subspecies. Of all the zoos in the world a couple of these animals lives in San Diego, six in Dvur Kralove. And about twenty animals protected in Garamba National Park, in the Republic of Congo. At the same time it in Dvur managed to get from three northern white rhinos offspring.
11 ph

But this post is about the black rhinos. They are in Dvur Kralove 17! This is the second group in the number of rhinos among all the zoos in the world. More is contained only in Port Lympne, however, is only two rhino. None of the rhinos in other zoos of the Czech Republic, do not have them in Russia.
Black rhinos are naturally solitary lifestyle. Stick to areas with well-developed shrubs, because it shoots shrubs form the basis of their diet. Pointy and elongated upper lip black rhino - an excellent tool for the collection of such feed. This form of the lips and muzzle the whole the first thing you notice when comparing the two kinds of two-horned African rhinoceros.

Solitary black rhino added inconvenience of keeping them in zoos. Pets are famous and their marriage runs and battles. This behavior can be found biological sense - are allowed to mate only those animals that survived the grueling test, which animals organize themselves, the offspring leave the strongest manufacturers. And what to do in captivity with limited space and the value of each animal?
Anyway, while flying in a cloud of dust a pair of multi-ton carcasses - an unforgettable sight! An hour ago, I photographed peacefully beg fresh branches of a sweet couple, recently marveled at their good-natured mood, but how quickly things changed!

Animals are increasingly finding themselves in a posture of confrontation. Their snouts are closely pressed together, horns crossed, head lowered to the ground. They push each other, trying to move forward, pushing the "opponent". There is a psychological struggle. The main thing - to not let the partner side and make him run.

A few minutes of combat training lasts. And suddenly, as a result of an unexpected maneuver the rear part of one of the animals takes off the ground! Both animal horns whole, not sawed and they they are operating very actively. Surprising strength of the neck muscles, it's not so easy to lift off the ground rhino. To be honest, the sight of creepy.

Attacked the animal takes off running, and now his task to bring down the ardor of the offender, exhausted its run, with the least possible hurt yourself. Watching the scene did not believe that he will succeed, because the light workout, a friendly game and the more amorous courtship all this does not seem to.

It is a pity that so little time I was able to observe the rhinoceros runs. Slap trampling and clouds of dust remained behind me. I quickly went to the door, but my head did not fit as zoo keepers remain calm and equanimity, they are not afraid to leave the animals together for the night. Maybe everything I saw - a harmless daily charge?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting