Streets in the man-made 3D

These paintings may seem computerized, but in fact they are drawn by hand with chalk. Artist and former NASA Venus Kurt uses his math skills to create optical illusions on sidewalks and roadways around the world.

10 ph via bigpicture

1. 3D artist, who once served as an order for the Pope, will soon travel to London to present his latest creation. This is one of three paintings commissioned by the company «Buick» in Herald Square in New York City. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

2. The model of his work at the Herald Square. Drawing on the sidewalk was supplemented by a vertical panel for added height. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

3. As these figures show, the work of Kurt is so real that it seems that people are really standing on the railing of the magical world. For 25 years, the artist uses a complex calculation, using experience from his previous work, to "revive" the floors and walls. Because of the appearance of the images generated by the computer, he was one of the last artists who have learned to recreate the mechanical perspective, using conventional stationery and abstruse formulas. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

4. The figure for the company «Buick» Philadelphia was divided into two "levels" that visitors could take pictures "inside" the car. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

5. This effect can be achieved by creating a "clipping" of the part of the figure, and the participants had to lie on the ground to create the impression that they go driving. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

6. Drawing titled "Big Lunch" will be presented in London in the near future. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

7. Now Kurt earns that travels around the world, creating unimaginable masterpieces in public places and for the world's biggest companies. "These figures seem real, because they are perfectly rendered. It was so they would be if they were real. This figure has ordered tour operator «British Columbia Tourism» San Francisco. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

8. "Now the 3D drawings in great demand, - says the artist. - How about a simple picture, and the windows in the shops. Over the past few years it is simplified with new vinyl products. " And download a picture, you can favorite artists on their sites. (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

9. "I'm using a piece of string to measure the fixed points between the point of view and picture. This allows me to calculate what would be the prospect. In the mid-size job takes me 5-7 days. " (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

10. "In his recent work -" Acqua Panna "in the wine cellar of Napa, California, I used a digital canvas. The end result had all the detail and texture of the original. Some of my work can stay on the street for several months, and then they can move inside, if necessary. " (KURT WENNER / BARCROFT MEDIA)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting