Rat stories

(pictures and a lot of letters)

From volha

Human phobia mostly irrational. For example, women's fear of small arms. One would think: well, a mouse, well run, ha ha ha, it is also small.
One friend of mine, wanting to demonstrate to the other as harmless mouse caught a nice fluffy Mouse foolish encroached on the rest of the apartment, and was brutally bitten his finger. Then in horror (Mouse triumphant run) rushed to a local medical center with the statement "I was bitten by a mouse, tell me, am I going to have to do ?! rabies shots." The infirmary at her laugh, advised treat the bite with peroxide and Mouse broom and sent back home to treat rabies these simple folk methods.
Girlfriend angrily says that when after ten years she led in the same medical center of their child with a dislocated, she was greeted joyfully, "Ahh, it's the same one Bitten Mouse!»
That's one little mouse went down in history - at least, medical

I like that friend was too rational to irrational phobias.
Rustic childhood I had one fear the worst.
No, I am not afraid of the dark.
And top that of the flank, also somehow wrong. As Babayki pedophile with an ax.
Cockroaches, a hefty black reptiles, occupied the second place (because of the story, they can climb in and start scratching the ear to the eardrum)
At the first long time reigned ...

Rats have always lived in the village. Occasionally tyrili eggs, pastured chicken and pork in the gutters. But, in general, it harmonizes with rural life.
I mean, the black rat. Which, as you know, is almost universally superseded gray.
I just found the time displacement.
That summer gave birth to my favorite rabbit, Laura (hello, "The rich also cry!"). Rabbits I myself worked for 12 years, carefully select manufacturers and Laura finally bore me six grand ideal, white and silver Dutch.
Problems with milk and maternal instinct was not at the rabbit, rabbits were well fed and healthy ... Until began to disappear one by one.
 - Probably rabbit eating - concluded the Pope, very far from the rabbit. - Something lacks.
The cage was littered with vitamin treats almost to the roof, but the rabbits continued to disappear without a trace. That is, without a trace - until the fourth victim. This time, I found in the cell is almost completely gnawed skeletons rabbit. Velvety skin remained on him only scraps, and they clearly could see the prints of teeth.
Small, not a rabbit.
 - Rats - concluded my uncle, whose home village in Poland have long captured Pasyuk. - We have chickens and they drag, not only rabbits. It is necessary to set a trap.

Unfortunately, because of the pitfalls we found only a mousetrap. Tests have shown that the rat did not damage it has caused. Is that moral, which was not large enough to prevent her to eat a piece of sausage from the hook.
A bunny we only have one.
Grandma promised to bring from some guy familiar rat-trap, but in the afternoon she worked on the farm, so we made a little sister on duty in the barn.
The case went to the evening, the barn was inaugurated, the sister was sitting in the cell itself - when inside and swarming up squeak.
I ran to her, looked into the cage through the bars - and collided with a rat look.
The creature seemed to me almost the size of a rabbit, terrified rushing around - the rat stood motionless as a statue.
A few endless seconds we stared at each other, then the rat darted away and mercury leaked into the gap between the boards.
Otvizzhavshis, I took the rabbit in the hand. It was immediately clear that he was not the tenant. Rat killing professional - bite at the base of the skull.
On duty had no reason to go into the more adult crib without us it was terrible.

Evening grandmother brought promised rat trap-Samodelov: two boards approximately A3, on the one hand stapled, the other between the spacer 10 centimeters tall, bait attached thereto, the top is a brick.
While my grandmother understand its device sister sat and chatted on a cell feet.
 - Tan, tears, - I said, preparing to hoist the infernal machine on the cover. Sister obediently jumped, shook the cage - and at the same instant from under her bottom there is the rat jumped. Ignoring squealing and Babkin stick, she ran through her sister, from her shoulder jumped on the log walls and ulepetnula the hayloft.
It turns out that all this time the creature patiently hung upside down under the bottom of the cell, waiting until we leave, but from the shock cells could not resist and fell.
I still remember my shock that day. But under the covers, we were shaking all summer - suddenly a rat, a sly, insolent and artful night progryzet head and we ?!

... In the morning, just going to the barn, I found that rat-trap shut.

Rat was great. Perhaps this contributed to a lot of brick masher, but at length he would have it just do not unrolled. And she was the size of the board, and only the tail, and a hefty brown, completely hung out.

I kiskisnula cat, tossed him the prey, and he growled, like a wild lion, Poper it somewhere from the yard - it is clear to show off in front of friends. He himself would figure it alone went.
Alas, we all knew that this monster is not the only one in the barn. Over the next week managed to flatten two more, smaller and smaller, and then the rats have taken into account the error and stopped ... no, do not get into the trap and pull the bait. They cracked it in place.

Rabbit hutches should be altered to the net, fine-meshed. Chickens take the house for a week after hatching. Covers all the pots and pans in the hall closet and press the stones - and the rat managed to bite them.
And I was afraid to even Pasyukov fifteen years, has not made his first decorative rat.

Pasko all the habits of the wild rat: and fading, and a special "Brokeback" walk on tiptoe. She was the first to notice new things, and it is the first to examine. When a cell is open, do not get rid of it - it is always on the move and constantly comes to me to ask - what if in its absence, something changed ?! For example, on a plate buterbrodik appeared, or tea can be cooled down and the thread steal a cup of tea bag ...

Do Learn these strange people - I will not point fingers - which in my posts about rats written comments in the spirit of "fu, how disgusting," "how they can do to love, I do not understand" and "Did you know that the rat is the enemy of man , carries plague, spoil food and so forth? »
The enemy must know in person (well, face and when he learned closer, you realize that the mind, curiosity, courage and cunning rat miraculously become its advantages when it is already on your side.
As in humans, however

Went Pasko dekulakize. As I stuffed the text, she reached into a bag of rabbit food and terribly loud and there shkrebetsya))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting