The most expensive dog

Puppy red Tibetan mastiff recognized as the most expensive dog in the world: it was sold for nearly $ 1, 6 million.

Bright red puppy named Hondong (translated from Chinese means "big splash") 11 months, but he weighs 81 kilograms, according to The Telegraph. Height at the withers 91 cm. Who was the lucky owner of a puppy, not reported.

This breed is considered the ancient Tibetan mastiff called the progenitors of all the big dogs - molosses. It is known that a powerful, heavy dogs existed in Assyria in the VII century BC. e., they were used as hunting, security, and fighting. According to legend, the dogs of this breed were in Genghis Khan and Buddha.

Outside China, the dogs of this breed are rare. Recently, Chinese breed very fond of the rich. As a result, if five years ago it was possible to find a Tibetan mastiff puppies for $ 700-1000, but now they sell for hundreds of thousands. In 2009, the newspaper notes, the other Tibetan mastiff was sold for nearly $ 700 thousand.

According to the owner of kennel, puppy price "justification": "We spent a lot of money out of this puppy to grow." "Hondong - a wonderful dog. He has great genetics ... But when I started my business 10 years ago, I could not imagine that someday selling a puppy for the price ", - he added.

link

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting