How does offshore drilling

Writes Sergei Share:
Today I will talk about how to construct the offshore ice-resistant fixed platform (MISP) by the example of an oil platform in the Caspian Sea.

Although the platform and stands almost in the center of the Caspian Sea, the depth is only 12 meters. The water is clear and the bottom is clearly visible from a helicopter.

35 photos

This drilling start pumping oil just under a year ago, April 28, 2010 and is designed for 30 years of service. It consists of two parts, connected by a 74-meter bridge:

In a residential block size of 30 by 30 meters, 118 people live. Work in two shifts, 12 hours a day. Watch lasts 2 weeks. Swim and fish from the platform is strictly forbidden, as well as to throw overboard any debris. Smoking is allowed only in one place in a residential block. For discarded at sea goby immediately dismissed:

Residential unit called LSP2 (ice-resistant platform Statsionanaya), and the main drilling - LSP1:

Ice-resistant it is called, because the winter sea ice cover, and it is designed to resist him. Hose that you see in the pictures - it is sea water, which is used for cooling. She was taken out of the sea, drove through the pipes and reattached. The platform is built on the principle of zero discharge:

Ice-resistant it is called, because the winter sea ice cover, and it is designed to resist him. Hose that you see in the pictures - it is sea water, which is used for cooling. She was taken out of the sea, drove through the pipes and reattached. The platform is built on the principle of zero discharge:

Working at the station are delivered by helicopter. Fly hour:

Before the flight, all are instructed, and fly in life jackets. If the water is cold, it is also forced to wear wetsuits:

As soon as the helicopter lands, it sent two hose - fires are very afraid:

Before you get on the platform, all who arrived undergo a mandatory safety training. For us, had advanced instruction, as we got to the platform for the first time:

Move on LSP1 only in helmets, work boots and jackets, but in a residential unit can go though in slippers that many do:

Offshore platform - high risk, and safety are paying a lot of attention:

On a residential block and LSP 1 is the lifeboats, each of which can accommodate 61 people for. Such boats on residential LSP2 4 and 2 on LSP1, that is, all 118 people will be able to easily fit on a rescue tool - it will not Titanic:

Passengers from the ship lifted on a special "lift", which seats 4 people simultaneously:

In each room there is on each deck evacuation direction indicators - the red arrows on the floor:

All wires neatly cleaned, low ceilings or stairs marked with a red and white striped markings:

At the end of our tour, I learned that this platform is fully built here. I was surprised, because I was sure that she was "foreign car" - a shovel here and does not smell. Everything is done very carefully and with quality materials:

Since the photos and a lot of information, I decided to break the story on 2 posts. Today, talk about a residential block, and the most interesting - about the wells and production process - in the next post.

By LSP2 we drove the captain himself. Platform a sea, and the main thing here, as well as on the ship, the captain:

In a residential block has a backup CPU (Central Management Console). Generally, all control mining (oil put stress on the O), being from another control panel located on LSP1, and this is used as a backup:

From the window of the remote backup can be clearly seen working unit:

Captain's office, and the door left his bedroom:

The bedspreads and colorful bedding - the only thing that is discordant with the appearance evropeidnym drill:

All the cabins were open, even though their owners were on shift. Theft on the platform is not, and no one door closes:

Each cabin is equipped with its own bathroom with shower:

Cabinet engineers:

Physician platform. Basically sitting idle:

The local hospital. The helicopter flies every day, and "if something happens" the patient can lie down here under the supervision of a physician:

The platform runs a lot of girls:

Before dining all wash their hands:

The dining room was 4 dining options to choose from:

I chose triangular dumplings "Goodbye Diet»:

Supply of food and water allows the platform to exist autonomously within 15 days. Alcohol is strictly forbidden, as in the case of an emergency situation, all people should be in adequate condition.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting