How to make cheese in Sardinia

Oleg-lenkov blogger wrote in his diary:

I always thought that the production of cheese, is a very complex and lengthy process. However, having arrived in Sardinia, I witnessed a local production of ricotta cheese. It turned out that this is not true.
For those who do not know, ricotta is a traditional Italian dairy product which, unlike most cheese is prepared not from the milk, and from a special serum which, in turn, is the result of preparation of mozzarella and other cheeses.

16 photos

In fact, fresh ricotta is a very delicate cheese, with an amazing taste. That kind of what we tasted was made from sheep's milk. The name of the cheese is translated from Italian as "twice-heated" and describes thus the cooking process.

A prepared ricotta follows.

1. Milk is placed in a special vat and is brought to a certain temperature.

2. There is added a special serum. As a result of mixing casein coagulum formed as cheese and whey. Repeated boiling milk fats are turned off, and then at 70-90% in serum form flakes of ricotta.

3. Throughout this process, all necessary to stir. And as soon as the pieces of flesh, their spread in certain plastic containers with a plurality of holes.

5. These holes are necessary to the milk that is left, left.

6. After that, the rest in a plastic container weight is pushed, and it is attached to a specific form. This is the finished cheese.

9. Finally, the cheese is removed from there, and served on the table.

10. Furthermore, specially trained people ricotta cut into small pieces, and offer to try.

11. When I tried this cheese, it was still warm.

12. The organizers of this tasting is also offered poproboyvt local wines, and of course the amazing bread.

13. The most popular local salami, Parma ham and cheese, which was also made in Sardinia.

14. also had to taste extra virgin olive oil.

15. After an hour tasting, the mood has improved ...

16. When we went outside, we noticed the local vineyards. They were so beautiful that the question of why the local wine pokazlos us so good, is no longer needed in the response.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting