Wheelchair stopped to let the subway!

Placed at the request jenianm.livejournal.com/ :

I am a wheelchair, I'm 21, I'm in the North-West Institute of Printing and now I session - every day you have to get out of the area in the center of St. Petersburg.

Today I was not allowed in the subway, when I passed the tests and was about to go home from the institute. Issued a decree according to which persons with disabilities with the stroller on the subway start smoking, because Metro not suitable for this. And for me, the underground - the only available, affordable transport, as buses and trams with a low platform go far from universal, and the subway - went and put the stroller on the brakes on the escalator, took off the brake on the descent - elementary, simple and safe. Underground facilities - one of the most equipped of transport: just try to imagine how I squeeze into a tram, trolley or bus. Walk - yes, summer is possible, if not for the rain, and in winter, on uncleared streets ?!

So, what is next? Ban to go out, because the sidewalks are not equipped for disabled people? And it is in the cultural capital of the state, seeking to join the EU and to be like Europe? And this is the same country that kakbe "take care of usĀ».

In my opinion - this is a blatant injustice, even a violation of the Convention on Human Rights looks like. And also - a violation of the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the article on freedom of movement.

Ladies and gentlemen, where to call, write, and knocking about this? So to hear?

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting