Riga. Latvia

Small letters and a little photo of Riga.
Author - I.

Thus, fate would have it, about a year ago I started to work with one company from Latvia, and quite often I have to travel from St. Petersburg to Riga, about once a month.
And now we got together and went, what I try to tell.
In my story you will not find any negatives, I rather guided by people who are prone to travel and getting pleasure from life.
There will be no so-called "Latvian nationalists" sensations, scandals, intrigues and investigations. I only write about what I saw with my own eyes, and what you want, before you judge about anything.
Ask the post if possible not to break, and do not pour dirt, and if possible supplement facts based on your experience. Gallery will also be not much more simply "dilute" the letter.

Well, perhaps I'll start with your permission.

Until Latvia, Riga easiest to reach by car. It is about 600 kilometers from St. Petersburg, for not the worst roads. We went on Friday at 8 am, the main problem - to leave the city, as all that could be dug and cut - and dug? - Praaaaalno! Blocked nah ...!
By half past ten, we still went to the Pulkovo Highway and rushed to Pskov, further to the border crossing Shumilkino.
If you are traveling by car and arriving at the border from our side you can see a huge queue of the trade winds Be4 with Estonian or Latvian numbers - do not panic. It tankers. People carry gasoline from Russia to Estonia, where it costs twice as much. Carry in their own tanks of their own cars. A Passat - because a reliable and a huge pot from him.
So, we leave and go to the oncoming lane directly to the barrier, do not hesitate and do not afraid of anything. Machines with Russian numbers passing the queue.
Next we pass our border, then Estonian and rushing!

It is important!
Before you go, check your passport, medical insurance coverage for every traveler and a green card in the car. Otherwise, go home. For St. Petersburg's - passing the border is very different from the border with Finland. Be careful!

Although not without rushing. To start the Estonians buy a place in line for a specific time for turning back. We came back from Riga on Saturday night, so booked a place at 19.00 and it cost 3, 5 euros.

Important!
Now in more detail: all it is necessary to book in order not to be 100,500 hours of "live" stage, it is very convenient and greatly facilitates the process of the border.

Well, bought a voucher and now rushing.
We were on the highway E77 to start in Estonia (20 minutes somewhere) and quietly enter Latvia. As such, no boundaries, is an abandoned checkpoint flying it and drown.

Roads in general is not very good, but let go 110 km.ch. The speed limit of 90, but 110 can, by the way police stands and catches the speed of our no different, fortunately, do not talk to them, neither we nor the EU, as the following letter of the law. We are not really in a hurry, because if we go, then slowly come to Riga in the evening, walk, relax and leave the next day work. Yes, and it is necessary to have a snack, so zarulivaem to the cafe on the highway. It is somewhere in the middle between the border and Riga, on the left side, if you go to Riga. Skip it impossible to see the cart and left a couple of nice houses.
The hosts themselves in the same feed as it happens that we communicate with them each visit, the good guys. By eating ... fucking delicious barbecue with vegetables: 170 rubles. Insanely delicious halophyte (take half, whole - not mastered) - 40 rubles half / whole 55 rubles. Coffee that is about 20 rubles but it is coffee. Tasty, strong, fragrant! Under the cup of coffee you can watch the news and mail - wi-fi and there is free.
Yes, all speak in Russian, menu if you sit on the street - will bring, if inside - take himself. Calculated the same way on their own at the front. Tea can leave a few coins.

more

else.

Snack and go further. In Riga we stopped renting an apartment, you leave something about 1200 rubles per day. odnushka 25 sq.m. not in the most picturesque area, but near the Daugava (river such) and not far from the office of the company with which we work. Cheap and cheerful. This time staying in this hotel www.gertrude-riga.lv/ and paid for the same 1200 rubles per room including breakfast and level 10 times steeper. It is not far from the Old City, walking for 10-15 minutes, good hotel for its 4 stars, in general, these variants enough booking-dot-com to help you.

Well, even from the "interference» www.hanzahotel.lv/ru that's good and not so expensive hotel, by the way there is very tasty food, but and in general - is cozy and nice.

So come, settled and went for a walk. Usually very busy schedule. So it was this time. It took about 10 hours and we arrived in Riga around 7 pm local time (an hour ago) so the walk was to the Old Town, with a further meeting in a restaurant and eating meat with beer. I streskal huge meat and washed it down with a local light, and cost me about 800 rubles. Once again, that in Latvia is very tasty, very generous and very inexpensive food.
Old Town is beautiful, full of life out there, a lot of tourists, young people generally very cool and a little livelier than in other European cities. I will not upload photos, priesh myself - look, not priesh - Google with professional photos to help you.
But do not relax, it is better not to lose vigilance. Although people who grew up in Russia is difficult something to surprise and scare it daaaaa
And during the day - the day walking in the old town a huge number of guides on the 1st tour costs about 600 rubles, and it's worth it, not zhmis, find despicable banknotes and get a lot of impressions. As far as I am self-sufficient, but in this case, did the same again on the third, when he came to Riga.
In short, one day you can walk independently, and the second with a guide.

I humble

Friday evening (Moscow, it happens and it's not a fantasy!)

Another Moscow hello!

a simple atmospheric!

and even

gateway

Well since then

perhaps more photos lay

Old Town

more

and even

and the drum again I all so beautiful :)

Daugava Embankment with insanely beautiful view! Photographer I'm worthless, so as it is, well, again - come for yourself - take a look!

What's next .... And the night was, we rested in the morning was super-mega-breakfast and went to work, you do not it will be interesting this part and I'll skip it.

If you remember, we pass on the passage of the border for 19 hours, so at 14.00 local time we finish the job and go. Yes, go to the Ma-Ha-Zine!
Odezhnyj question I decide differently as a otchetik write about how you can combine a pleasant and useful.
And now we go to the grocery store.
What I would recommend you to buy there ...
Here is a list shorter. Sprats. Sprats any (read labels, take those produced in Latvia) Bread. Take a lot of different bread and black. He is fresh, aroma and taste. Take all kinds of local meat specialties. Meats and stuff. It's delicious, natural, and PPC as inexpensive! Take Riga Balsam (take-brown and black currant), a bottle, and souvenirs - such as fufyriki 40 ml, they are something around 60 rubles worth of stuff. Take this opportunity to take Georgian wine (ha ha, but I have a bottle of something Khvanchkara I evening she was sentenced) and Borjomi! (Took 5 bottles of envy me!)
By 15.00 we finish shopping and go to Peter. Exactly the same as from Peter, stopping along the way to the cafe "Happy mosquito." Back to the way they took hot for a peasant. Nutritious, tasty, but expectations were not met.
Well, what else to say ...
Here are a couple of useful lines.
Riga is very beautiful and kind city, Latvia - a beautiful country.
I see it with my own eyes, and for the most part I like everything. I wrote about the old town and the fact that we must be on guard ... I took a picture of a beggar, and immediately draw a certain number of Roma and Albanians (I did not recognize until the end, so as they say in the great and mighty Inglish) and began to run down. Were sent, then the trio of this Kompashki tried to follow me, but were thrown off simply go to a coffee shop. Over the last year the only bummer. In Paris, still easier to grab, as practice shows 

On the streets clean enough, although many of the buildings in need of repair, all still neatly, paid parking, no traffic jams, the air is clean, beautiful people, a lot of beautiful girls, many sorts of institutions with very tasty food, great local beer (yes it's all cool for my taste) with a valuable 25 - 30 rubles a half liter, very low prices on everything that you may need a tourist from St. Petersburg, especially when compared with the other Europe.

Eat can still be taxied in LIDO, pre worth going over this institution and see that they give, here www.lido.lv/rus/predpriatia/predpri...a/centr_otdiha/

On money:
4000 rubles Benz gone, 1500 - Green Card, I have medical insurance annual since I live in two countries, for you will cost 1 euro for 1 day stay, gostishka - 1200 rubles per night / room, including breakfast, walk + eat + stores in Generally all expenses for food and shopping for all this time - 5000 rubles.

In general, supplements, write, and - travel.
Once again I ask not to pour dirt in this post, share your good is better.
I hope someone spodvig the trip.
PySy
And we're going to Jurmala summer, but it will be another story.
Yes, ph is not much, he'll come - you will see with your own eyes.
I finished.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting