Depardieu refuse to French nationality

Actor Gerard Depardieu, who moved to Belgium in order to avoid paying the luxury tax in France, refuses to French passport and social security, as Prime Minister Jean-Marc Eero moving actor named "unworthy." The answer is an actor on the words of the Prime Minister issued on December 16 in Journal du Dimanche.

"All those who have left the country, were not offended by the way I" - leads the Agence France-Presse excerpts from an open letter Depardieu. The actor drew attention to the fact that he always paid his taxes and has never enjoyed social privileges in France. "Who are you to judge me?" - Asked Depardieu question to the Prime Minister.

At the end of the letter the actor said that he refuses to French passport and social security, which he never used. "We no longer have a common country, I am a real European, citizen of the world, I was always taught by my father," - wrote Depardieu.

The fact that the actor bought a house in Belgium and interested in the issue of obtaining Belgian nationality, became known in early December. French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Eero moving Depardieu linked with his unwillingness to pay the luxury tax: in 2013 for the French, whose income is greater than 1, 3 million euros, it will be 75 percent. Fees Depardieu thus may be about 2 million euros.

December 13 real estate agents reported that Depardieu sells his historic mansion in Paris (according to some data, the cost - 50 million euros). In addition, the actor in France, there are three restaurants and a wine business. The actor has not yet specified, will affect whether their activities his move to Belgium.

In addition Depardieu moved to Belgium and other French high-income countries, including the richest man Bernard Arnault.
Source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting