Apartment Story: I returned from the army without arms

At age 19, I could not have imagined that I would have 22 private apartment in a prestigious district of Brest. Parents have to forgive me: my mother - the seller, dad - working at the plant. I myself graduated from high school, went to college, and then in 2006 went to the army. But rising to the end I was not able to.

The accident - the premature explosion of a shell of 120 mm self-propelled artillery. I almost died, I shot off his hand on the shoulder joint, damaged eyesight and hearing. Lie down for four months in a military hospital, I went home. We had to learn to do things differently, with one hand. In principle, I quickly learned to write with his left hand, cook and clean.

In 2006 he entered the "zaochku" to the university and began to turn for housing. I have had the benefits because I am disabled the second group, plus the injury was received during military service. When setting to turn said that I get an apartment for 4-5 years. However, some time later I got a call and was told that one of the houses a man refuses one-room apartment, I have the opportunity to be in his place. To do this I had to pay quite a large sum in those days, the people who pay during the construction of the house - about 20 million rubles. Then, the dollar was worth 1,800 rubles. I had about $ 5000, which I received as insurance for the severed hand, other money borrowed from relatives. The house was built quickly. The bank issued me a soft loan at 5% for 20 years. At the time I was getting 360 thousand pensions for the loan had to pay 280 thousand.

At work, I could not get, no hands, ears, too. It was necessary to pay the loan, repay and to make a living. Honestly, the first two years were very hard. We agreed with the parents that they will be paying the debt, but I have to pay the loan on an apartment.

For two years I spun as I could. He started with the simplest. Selling seeds and halva on the border. Much learned a couple of months, to understand the mentality of our people and the Poles. Our ever you do not buy anything, the Poles not only buy, but also sent back halva. Pay for three halva, unpack one and give me back, so I ate it. When the long queues at the border, the Poles always for each other, skip forward, wedge; we never try to drive a wedge in our, you get a lot of "good" words about yourself and maybe even physical violence. But income is, of course, kopek. Moreover, the machines sometimes even on the border there.

I gave up after that one friend has offered to sell the worms. Money from the ground. They sat in the car, drove 60 km from Brest, there is a meat-packing plant "Bialowieza". Behind him - all kinds of waste, which the worms and swarming. Wear gloves and a draw. We collect them in bags of debris about 20 kg - distribute and going back. Then pakuesh in plastic jars of 30 worms in each, all day and goes. Then an acquaintance were transported them to pet stores. I do not know how much he had with this case, I came out a month about 100 thousand. In the pensions 380. Easy money for me then.

Someone might say, stupid. But then I not only needed money, and the work itself. It's hard to explain what it is - 20 years stay without a hand. I just wanted to work, no matter where and for how much, I feel like everyone else. I could not imagine that I am an inferior person.

At the same time still took a single firm to scatter leaflets in mailboxes. Work hellish, it is better to dig worms. The pay is very small, I do not even remember how many, like enough for lunch in the dining room, and a pack of cigarettes.

But as time passed, two years later, I began to receive about 900 thousand. Pension. Then there was known to everyone devaluation, rising wages and so on. At the moment, I get about 2 million, and paying for the loan of 280 thousand. You could say that is almost do not feel it. Made small repairs in the apartment, I hope to finish completely this year.

Now I'm paying 280 thousand. For the loan, 30 thousand. For the Internet, 200 for the other utilities. It remains about 1, 5 million rubles. It is enough to live on.

In the army of evil does not hold. Brest interpost Military Court found that the direct cause of the explosion was the incorrect assembly of the projectile weapon. The commander of the self-propelled artillery platoon was convicted of that has not checked the readiness to fire guns, failed to comply with regulatory requirements. At the trial, I asked not to be punished. The fact that he had served, does not return his hand, and a man's life would be ruined. His regret and given a suspended sentence.

With the apartment a little understood, I now have a new goal - to buy a good hearing aid to fully hear. Since hearing loss I have a very strong and in both ears, the machine will need a very powerful, cost about $ 2,000. But is it an obstacle for me? No, it will be important to believe, seek, perhaps not immediately, over time ...

Here's my story. Of course, sometimes it is hard, but without it our lives anywhere ...

source

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting