We get the easy Australian rules!

Hello! PL read long ago but plucked up the courage to print the post just now. Please do not kick.

A week ago, I finally managed to make a long-awaited trip to the car driving alone! I've been waiting for this one and a half years. Let us all in order.

In Russia, I never was anxious to get right. The eternal traffic jams, bad roads, lack of normal parking spaces, avtopodstavy ... the list goes on as you like for a long time. In Australia, driver's license is a vital necessity. Public transport is far from universal, many residential areas are far away from the bus stops. With them it is easier to get (and get) a job, it is not necessary to stick to her husband to take his wife shopping at the supermarket, in general, as well as everywhere).

In the Astral, there are several types of rights of category C, which differ by various constraints and the number of so-called "points" that are shot out for traffic violations:

L (Learner) - Student's rights. You can get them immediately after passing the theoretical test on the computer in bizhayshem GAI (RTA). Give the right to learn to drive with an instructor, or the owner of full rights. Single drive forbid. If you are less than 25 years, then you need to stay as a student for at least a year and during that time run over a minimum of 120 hours, 20 of which - in the night. All watches are recorded in the book that's just you then obliged to pass back to the RTA with the signature of your instructor. The maximum speed of 80 km / h, the blood alcohol content is unacceptable, you can not use a mobile phone, including hands-free, Bluetooth headset and so on. Upon reaching 4 points of law shall be withdrawn for at least 3 months.

P1 (Provisional) - these rights can be obtained immediately after delivery driving. The maximum permissible speed of 90 km / h, the blood alcohol content are also unacceptable. If the driver is less than 25 years, he can not carry with them at night more than one person, whose age does not exceed 21 years. The number of points at which the right to collect - 4. For any speeding - deprivation of rights for at least three months.

P2 - the next step, issued after 1 year of driving with the rights of P1 and the subsequent delivery of the test on the computer. The speed limit of 100 km / h. Alcohol is prohibited. On this and the previous stages prohibited Management vehicles with eight or more cylinders. Points - 7.

Unrestricted - full rights to be issued after two years of driving rights P2 and putting the computer test. Holders of such rights can already start driving, talking on the phone, drinking before a bottle of beer, a glass of wine or a stack of something stronger, put in the car after 11 pm, someone who is not yet 21 years old and go with a speed limited Only traffic signs, without fear of being penalized for it.
Older Driver Licence - issued after 75 years. Old men should undergo an annual medical examination. After 85 years, every two years is necessary to pass a driving test, to demonstrate their driving skills.

It's all theory. But in practice, it was so:

Conceived in my then-New 2012 to learn how to turn the steering wheel. If you want, why not? First of all go to the site and the traffic police broniruesh test online. No queues, no references. You pay in the region of $ 40, choose the date, time and place. Five minutes and ticket booking confirmation and payment on your e-mail. Beauty!

Collection of Australian driving rules can be downloaded from the same site. All drafted in simple language. Attention is paid to the impossibility of bribing officers and eco-driving. Practice Tests can go home on your computer for free. They differ only in the set of questions. All the issues that I suck on a real test, I've seen online.
On the appointed day I went to the traffic police to take his first test and was very surprised. Like a government agency, and no queue. In the middle of the room is the machine with numbers. ALL windows work, all staff smiling and show a desire to help. On every desktop PC is one of the EPL and has no problems with the work on the computer, including women about 60 years.

Exactly due time I sat down at the computer to take the test. It recovered 40 minutes. I coped over 30. At the end I had a vision test, photographed, took $ 22 and after 5 minutes was given a beautiful iridescent plastic card with my photo and the Australian symbol of New South Wales in the middle, student book, in which I should record the number of hours grooved route and odometer, some yellow plates with the letter L. Hurray! Now it is up to the instructor!

Here in front of me gets a choice.

You can hire an instructor from the school vodzheniya for $ 80 per hour. Plus the fact that he knows the routes that can get caught in the exam and 1 hour driving instructor is equivalent to 3 hours of driving with a simple driver and quickly dialed 120 hours. In the book you can record up to 10 hours of driving with prof.instruktorom that will count as 30.

The second option - to choose as a teacher of any person with full Australian rights. The choice, of course, fell on my husband. How to me it was a pity. How many nerves and the time he spent! I never will teach women to drive or, even less, to park. If I have a daughter - a post on driving courses.

Now a year has passed, the diary is full of driving, the area in which I plan to take the driving circling up and down, the willingness is felt. Again, go online to enroll. The cost of one attempts to $ 40. The choice is given more than 30 traffic police departments. The machine for the test must be either their own, or instructor. The owner must check its performance and overall health.

By the way Australia's left-hand movement, as reported by the signs on the roads.

Attempt number 1: At precisely the appointed time called me to the window, my dear aunt 50 years, presented politely I explained that we were doing it, and what we will do. I checked the blog and said driving cook keys and wait at the entrance. A minute later we were walking to the car. And then I was in for a surprise! I do not know the name of this light (lamp) which is in the middle on the rear window of the car, but she betrayed no rabotala.Gotovlyu $ 50 for the next test.

Attempt number 2: The lamp repaired, prepared keys, the phone is switched off. Let's go. Can not cope with parallel parking and too much / strong / sharp (not understood) I pressed on the gas. Eco driving. Retake two weeks.

Attempt number 3: Parking worked to perfect, ecology beach. But I did not see the sign "school zone" that acts only at certain hours twice a day and exceeded the speed. Yes Yes. In Australia twice daily machine traveling at 40 km / h. If we do not sign this, I note, that I can not see the rights at least 3 months.

Yet the officer had commented on the fact that I do not twist my head. If I need to look in any mirror, then I should do a clear turn of the head, just moving the eyes is not accepted as right.

The fourth attempt was successful. This time, I came across another officer. At the end of the examination said that I was very much part of the head and twist))
After 10 minutes I was paying $ 52 in cash, photographed and received brand new law, which will give me the freedom of movement !!!

If you liked the post, you will publish the information on fines, penalties for violations and how to buy a "nice rooms." Ask questions.

All. Good luck on the road!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting