Jawa 350-638

My rider's story began about two years ago. At the time I was 14 years old. My first bike was the "Minsk". But I did not forget his father's stories. In his youth he traveled on the famous Jawa 634, which in Soviet times was lacking. Then moved to a newer version 638-5-00.
Unfortunately, the bike my father did not stay in the family before my time. But with his words, I remembered: Jawa noted for its reliability and throttle response. Demand was enormous, and each "yavist" remembers the same "clip-clopping" exhaust sound and smell of red 93rd gasoline. Everyone wanted to feel it. And I was no exception.

My first "Minsk" meets my requirements was albeit not as nimble, but reliable and easy to maintain. Served 2 years, but it is time to transfer to a more serious equipment. I set myself the task - to find and buy a bike in good working condition, that has proved difficult. Fall either trash or expensive items.

And by chance I found a suitable option for recovery execute documents. However, he was in Minsk. But it was not a problem. In one of the days I went with my father on a business trip to the capital to look at this miracle Czech motoproma.

The owner guy who sold the Jawa, bought a new "Minsk" C4 200. And the old bike was trying to recover, more or less something as something done. Prior to this, saying it was worse. Asked him to make - "whispered" the same Jawa. Asked to drive - perfect! Though not without problems.

At first I tried to keep it in its original form. However, we are living in the XXI century, not the 90th. And I took the bike in order to go and not stored as showpiece. Come even if not global, but refinement. I knew that had a lot of work, because this bike to be honest, I would be ashamed to appear in public in the city. In the late fall of 2010 Jawa stood in the garage with his father at work. And then began the recovery process.

The desire to bring to mind prevailed over common sense. The first had to work on the engine - just when buying could be heard ringing in the cylinders. Not a minute there was no doubt - piston group. Polish put pistons, chrome ring KO, found new reserves of cylinders, crankshaft restored. Finally, the motor "whispered" as it should. But this was not enough.

Electrical equipment staff - 6 V. With him often occur problems: no charge, motorcycle runs on one cylinder, will not start. First translated into 12, and later found a rare motor from the Czech manufacturer of motorcycles CZ 472, which already from the factory worth 12 volt generator

Since he often travel around the city and in general due to the fact that the bike is easy to steal, decided to set the alarm. Some anti-theft locks are not enough. Instrument lighting was not very good, so, too, has been redesigned - put the most ordinary LED strip. Still decided to improve the chassis: aluminum swingarm set of CZ and modified front fork by introducing into it tapered bearings.

Appearance, I decided to bring the model, popularly called the "Suite 638". Motorcycle painted in the color "red metallic" stickers posted staff, made to order in Minsk. A little later, put the fairing from MMVZ "Leader".

At this my improvements over. It was time to start the run-in. The first time the bike is difficult to start, warming himself every 2-3 km. However, after running 3,000 km, I realized that the machine is high-spirited.

Though he did not sportbike but capable of much more. The maximum speed at which I went, - 125 km / h, and then had to bend down. Basically ride 70-90 km / h - can be considered, I go quietly. Consumption of 5-6 liters (depending on driving style and settings).

The city came up to me at least 3 people - either on the streets or at the gas station. Typically, these were the ones who in his youth he went to Jawa, or young people of my age. Often heard question: "to sell?", "How many maximum squeeze on the road?" Well it like new! Many local guys asked about revision motorcycle, saying, "say you should xenon, and even heard LEDs introduced into tidy." Even nice ...

Bike is very comfortable, it torquey engine, excellent ergonomics, the designers of the Czech motorcycle manufacturers have tried. It seems that the first motorcycle Jawa longer than half a century, and they still live and cheerful "run." Let it not present "Japanese" and not sportbike, but a kind of legend of those times. In some of the magazines devoted to the 60th anniversary of the plant, I found the phrase "eternal youth of Java." Indeed, young. And forever.

Jawa - a kind of time machine. Unscrewed the throttle - and back into the past. I am pleased and not a bit sorry that contacted motorcycles Jawa.

Posted in [mergetime] 1369072658 [/ mergetime]
Source: andruha-911, auto.onliner.by.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting