Life Pygmy king. Africa

Travel Notes, Day 4
You wake up in the morning in the best five star hotel ... While checking mail, Negro in a white suit serves breakfast. You eat crunchy croissant, fragrant espresso drink it ... fresh juice, shower, swimming pool, massage ... It is time to go for a walk into town and collect material for another post. Get down to the first floor ... What is it !? The hotel is captured!

42 photos via zyalt.livejournal.com

01. The lobby is full of war, everyone is asleep, the door locked ... what to do? Correctly. If you filled up one way, you have to go through another! The second output was free. Freedom!

02. As I wrote yesterday, in the king has recently been a military coup, and now I fill in the city of insurgents.

03. They kicked the president, seized favorite building in the center, sacked the city. Now they rob villages, ruining the church and doing all sorts of dirty tricks. While the UN troops did not enter in the country is in total chaos. The biggest problem - there is no authority, no police, no courts. Any Gopnik with a gun at any checkpoint can make you anything you like and no one will even complain. Head left post that 10 minutes to check the documents and argued with my driver.

04. Hello! I need your clothes and your bike.

05. Examination of documents. Funny response from the rebels to the question: "Can you take a picture?" Try to go to Moscow to riot police and say, "I raped your wife, your daughter, your dog, and then you dirty bitch!" That reaction will be about the same . I do not know what causes it. So the photo with the military - a freeze frame of the video that I filmed secretly.

06. Some people today are not lucky (There was only a stick, a helmet and a pool. By the way, the local warriors amusing fashion - instead of a belt be wrapped brightly colored climbing ropes. Sorry, could not yet lift.

07. Okay, enough about sad. Many people asked me what shoes are best suited for Africa? Of course this:

08. I went to the village to look at life Yombo pygmies. Life them worthless. Previously, there were forests, but over the last 20 years, all cut down. Now, instead of the swamp forests.

09. Pygmies very sad without scaffolding. Previously, they could sell the timber, and now have nothing to sell.

10. House pygmy.

11. miner returns without extraction.

12. The interior of the house.

16. See, what a beautiful girl.

17. This is so-so;)

18. By the way, I noticed that there have not seen in children's toys. At all. Children playing with stones, sticks, machetes, but not toys. There are no here and toy stores.

19. House richer.

20. The Bedroom.

21. Living.

22. It is the normal diet rustic family king. Bananas (potatoes cooked like us), roots kasavy (ground into flour, is cooked and eaten with sauce), sweet corn, some fruit trees and a caterpillar. More maggots are very tasty, but now is not the season.

23. On the other hand went to the mushrooms. Something like our honey agaric.

24. Pygmy. Those famous "pygmy forest" in the Central African Republic, as well, and in all of Africa, already almost gone. Culture and traditions are disappearing pygmies. New life slowly gets into their way of life, a way of dissolving the lives of the little people on the planet. Who is the real life of pygmies big tourist attraction.

25. Pygmy is not considered the most bloodthirsty hunters. They never hunt to hunt, never kill animals for the sake of the desire to kill, they will never hoard meat store. Even the dead animal they bring to the village and cut up, cooked and eaten on the spot, summoning all the inhabitants of the village for a meal. The fishing Pygmies often use poisons, "lulling" the fish special herbs. Fish floats on the surface of the reservoir, after which it can be collected by hand. Pygmies usually take only the required amount of fish, and all the "extra" in some time wakes up and floats away.

27. It Pygmies show their dances.

28. After the presentation they get cigarettes and cookies.

29. As I wrote in the king live in poverty. Cars on the road is almost there, but if there is, then the car is loaded to the maximum people and goods.

30. The usual thing. It's still going somehow. It's amazing.

31. Sometimes the machines break down.

32. The passenger car also loaded.

33. Military ride on a pickup truck.

34. City Center. Beauty.

37. Local feature - a cart with wood. Such carts on the roads. Small truck loaded with logs and roll on timber processing plants. Then sell the wood. Timber carrier in the country, I have not seen, all by hand.

38. And this is the best restaurant in town, snails are served with beer. Snails are $ 15, and for some reason without armor. This is my lunch. After dinner, I decided to come to the Russian Embassy, ​​which, as it turned out, it works. On the phone, the consul said that they have lunch and if I'd like to talk to him, I can come in the evening. The gate so no one opened. So do not set foot on Russian soil I to the king.

39. I went to a local shelter for orphans. Here they live.

40. This is a school.

41. I was immediately swarmed children, grabbed hands, began to hug and say I'm their dad, asked to pick them up. I am a good man, he went directly to them for gifts. Toys, unfortunately, is nowhere to sell, they had to buy sweets, biscuits and chocolate.

42. When I arrived, the girl already dressed in their best clothes. See what honey. Again, immediately I grabbed my hand and said that she will not let go. I was about to burst into tears and began to think how to bring her home. But she saw the chocolate, took him, waved and went there. Dad it was no longer needed.
Arriving at the hotel, and burst into tears. I love children.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting