N'Djamena, Chad

Travel notes. Day 6
Small game for fans of Africa. After independence in the middle of the last century, this country has gone through a series of military coups and civil conflicts. Most recently, the rebels were trying to drive out the local dictator who came to power through a military coup, but failed. Below the poverty line - 80% of the population. What kind of country is this? That's right - almost every African country fits that description, but today we will talk about Chad.
The country's capital, Ndjamena. Lives there are almost one million people.

I skip to the good news. In Chad, I was eating soup!
43 photos from here

01. Ndjamena very beautiful city. It's more like some Middle Eastern city poor than an African. Most residents of the Muslims, the main language of Arabic.

02. Parliament

03. The main attraction - the Great Mosque. Built by the French in 1978.

04. The streets in residential neighborhoods look like.

05. If you believe the advertising, you will soon be in N'Djamena, the garden city. There are building their Skolkovo.

06. In N'Djamena, very hot. It is hot all year round, temperatures can reach +46 ° C. On the streets there are jugs of water to the traveler could quench their thirst.

07. Market.

08. In Chad, can not be photographed without special permission. It is necessary to obtain permission by the police. But it does not help. It somehow stayed prejudice allegedly photographing can carry the soul of the person who removes. In general, it is very colorful country, but to remove anything. When a camera at people happens hysterical and they want to beat you.

09. sells snacks.

10. More than half the adult population is illiterate

11. The choice is not great.

12. Meat with flies.

13. Bananas and roots kasavy.

14. Prayer

16. Masking.

17. Local women.

18. And this is the Russian Embassy! After the recent war, when the office of the Ambassador flew grenade shell protection strengthened. Now Embassy is more like a colony.

19. Traditional stand with pictures.

20. welcomes visitors at the entrance to Putin himself, still young. Surprisingly warm welcome waiting for us in your own embassy. The door opened at once, personally met the consul, treated tea and cookies. By the way, do not think that he knew of our visit, he did not know about my blog. The embassy does not have Internet normal to sit in LiveJournal. Embassy of Chad quite small, only a few people. Russian in Chad, too little. On the consular registration of 10 people, mostly women married to locals. Even some of our geologists are working here. Consul is very nice, he will have to write to thank the Foreign Ministry. Other embassies me and would not let the threshold. Another told the consul that they live well. Only malaria in Chad, most dangerous of all farikanskih malaria, he recently fell ill and was treated for 3 months. Well advised to be careful with the camera on the street.

21. A sign on the Russian embassy. Shame. I wonder if I'll order the sign normal in Moscow and came to Chad, allowed her to hang? Mr. Lavrov, select the money sign, a shame as ... Or can I buy?

22. A reader asks, and what exactly the Chinese are doing in Africa? Well, here, for example, the Chinese have built a hospital, the best in the region.

23. The Director of the hospital.

25. Patients.

26. Resuscitation.

27. Work at the hospital, Chinese doctors, so patients poke needles.

28. Acupuncture.

29. Local doctors in the laboratory. Straight Black House MD

30. "I think it's lupus!»

31. The hospital kitchen.

32. Lunch doctors.

33. Albino.

34. Outdoor advertising.

35. In the evening went to visit in the Russian family. It Albina from Smolensk. She married a Chadian student in Russia, and soon moved to live here.

36. Who in their close-knit family of 6 children. Over 12 years, the youngest less than a year.

37. They live modestly.

38. Children learn Arabic. The family speak Arabic, Russian knows only the eldest girl.

39. Albina has prepared a lovely soup!

40. You can not imagine how pleasant taste of the borsch in the wilderness. Pity no sour cream.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting