On the feast of the Holy Mother of God, I pray tirelessly, ask for protection for help.

September 21 is a great day for all believers. On this day we celebrate the feast of the Nativity of the Virgin. This is a special day for every Christian. This holiday became a symbol of the miracle of the Lord, because it was the Mother of God who bore and gave birth to the Son of God. Today's edition. "Site" He will tell the story of the holiday, and also tell what prayer on the day of the Virgin will comfort the soul.

The story of the feast returns us to the parents of the Virgin Mary. Tradition says that Joachim and Anna lived in the city of Nazareth. Spouses have long dreamed of a child, but could not conceive it. They thought it was a punishment for their sins. Even at an advanced age, they continued to pray for a miracle.

Joachim went into the desert for fasting and prayers. Anna, considering herself guilty of everything, began to pray even more than before. An angel appeared to her in prayer and promised that the woman would soon bear a child. The prophecy came true, in the appointed time righteous Anna gave birth to a daughter - Mary. The feast of the Nativity of the Virgin became a special day, because it was the Virgin Mary who gave birth to the Son of the Lord.

Because of this, the holiday became special for women. On this day, many women pray to the Virgin for the happiness of becoming a mother. They say that on this day the Virgin Mary walks around the world and listens to the prayers of all who turn to her. Therefore, it is important to say a prayer on the Day of the Mother of God.

O Most Merciful, Good and True Defender of Ours, Lady Mother of God, who has known the happiness of Motherhood, in whom the worries, hopes, anxieties and sorrows of all earthly mothers have come. Do not forsake with Your prayers those who fall to the saints and the miraculous icon of Your servant these names. Ask your Son and all the God of infertility for permission, for help in childbirth and goodness, and for a child their safe cover and protection.

Behold, All-Pure Mother, these servants of Yours, by the conjugal union of those united together and begging for Your help, that Your mercy may be upon them. May they be fruitful, and may they see the sons of their sons to the third and fourth generation, and live to the desired old age and enter into the kingdom of your heavenly Son and our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom all glory, honor and worship is befitting the Father and the Holy Spirit forever. Amen.

Prayer for the protection of children: O Most Holy Lady of the Virgin Mother of God, save and preserve under Your roof my children (names), all youths, youths and infants, baptized and nameless and in the womb of the mother carry.

Cover them with the robe of Your motherhood, keep them in the fear of God and in obedience to their parents. Pray to my Lord and your Son that He may give them what is useful for their salvation. I give them to your mother’s watch. For you are the divine cover of your servants. Mother of God, lead me into the image of your heavenly motherhood. Heal the spiritual and bodily wounds of my children (names) caused by my sins. I give my child wholly to my Lord Jesus Christ and Your Most Pure Protection from Heaven. Amen.

A short prayer on the day of the Mother of God is also possible to say a short prayer “To the Virgin, rejoice.” These are strong words that will fill the soul and heart with light.

The Virgin, rejoice, Holy Mary, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you in wives. Blessed is the fruit of your womb, for the Savior has begotten our souls.

These words can be spoken at home or in the temple. All other prayers can be said on this day. You can ask the Virgin for health, for the protection of children or for happiness. Mothers can also ask for intercession for their son. The main thing is that your thoughts are pure. Have a great holiday!

Tags

See also

New and interesting