The smallest trolleybus network in the world

So, first the town itself. Ukraine Uglegorsk is (as you can easily guess from the name) in the Donetsk region. Prior to 1958, the village was Hatsapetovka (!)

The official date of foundation is considered in 1879 - the year of the opening of the railway station Hatsepetovka, but the place Hatsepetova present on the Russian maps in 1863. Historians called Hatsepetovki base year - 1861. There are versions about 1878 (the beginning of the construction of the railway)

The first settlement was founded by brothers Peter and Timothy - runaway serfs from the village Deevka Ekaterinoslav province.

Since 1958 - the city with the present name.

Currently, the city's population is only eight thousand people.

However, from 10 November 1958 to 28 June 1980 in the city was the tram route "Mine - Station" serving six trains KTM1 + KTP1. Unfortunately, the photos of the tram almost did not survive

17 photos via upper.metromost.com, transphoto.ru, parovoz.com

July 8, 1982 to replace the tram trolleybus line was opened. She joined the village of Gagarin through w / train station to the mine, located in the suburbs

Originally, the city had six passenger trolleybuses (1981 onwards) and one technical assistance. In 1986 he was received by another trolley, seventh, 1986 release (photos 1992)

In the '90s, and then in 2000-tion case it was getting worse and worse. Two routes (Mine - pos.Gagarina and Mine - Station) combined into one state trolleybuses became well very disappointing, and the number was reduced first to three

Then two ...

In 2009, the route was only one trolley, which has become a legend. U-04, 1981 release. Repaired daily materials at hand, he leisurely crawl through the town ...

Inside

Daily repairs in the middle of the road included in the rate

And then, finally, in March 2011, he held out a hand of salvation Kiev, giving Uglegorskaya two b / y trolley UMZ T2 2001 and 2002 model year

However, due to lack of personnel on the line still worked only one car. However, passengers happily accepted that trolley in their city got a new life!

But that's not all. In April 2012, two trolley gave Donetsk. And now the smallest of the trolleybus system of the world as much as four rather fresh YuMZika

Began experiments to ascertain the financial feasibility work on the route at the same time several trolleybuses. Residents Uglegorsk able to see a picture, which is not seen to this for almost ten years - at the same time more than one trolley :)

Sometimes you can even find a picture

In the end it was revealed that the most appropriate number - two trolley. For line 4 kilometers long from end to end this more than enough

I want to believe that such a fate was in other towns of Donbass, and this region will not lose its reputation as a place where even in the smallest towns, the population of 10 - 30 almost always have electric transport

I hope someone was interested

And finally - the scheme marshrutova

Now everything. If interested, continuing the cycle of the electric systems of the most unusual in the former USSR

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting