The love story of Vic Wilde and Alena Zavarzina

On the first date, she came with torn knee ligaments, and he came to her in Novosibirsk from distant America, to give chocolate "Alenka". Love story, which has already won millions of sports fans on both sides of the ocean, read under the cut ...

Will be 19 pics + text source.

Snowboarder Victor Wild was born and raised in the American town of White Salmon, Washington. However, at the Olympic Games in Sochi, he speaks not for the US, but for Russia. He became the first American to defend the colors of the Russian flag at the Winter Olympics, and the third with the Summer Olympic Games.

Significant changes in the life of a snowboarder began in 2011. At that time, 24-year-old Wild never found himself at the World Cup slalom even in the top five.

Wilde, dissatisfied not only with the results, but also financial support from the United States, was about to retire from the sport.

"In the US, I do not particularly want to help - says Wilde - US it was not interested in».

When Wilde was thinking about the future, in 2009, he met the Russian snowboarder Alain Zavarzin.

They met in the competition, because snowboarding World Cup in women and men are held together. Vic immediately noticed the talented Alain, which at the World Championships in Spain created a furor, taking first place in the parallel slalom.

No language barrier, or the distance of thousands of kilometers does not become an obstacle for young people.

strechatsya young people began in the spring of 2011, when Allen walked on crutches after a serious injury. But actually on crutches Vic saw her. "I was probably set a record for the speed of recovery," - says Alain. The fact is that Vick at the World Cup in Moscow was not the coach. The girl went to his training on the Sparrow Hills, with a sore foot, trying my best not to limp, coached Vick. "If then dropped - maybe even to finish his career" - says Alain.

Wilde spent much time with Zavarzina in Moscow, and one of the Russian coaches proposed a solution that would give him the opportunity to pursue a career in the sport - to change citizenship.

"A little crazy, but then I was not particularly worried about it. I knew that in this way get the opportunity to stay with Allen, who at the time was really important for me. In addition, it gave me a chance to achieve their goals in snowboarding. I knew that if I give up, stopped, then probably going about this bitterly regret "- says Wilde.

However, he faced a number of obstacles. According to the criteria of the Ministry of Sports of Russia, Wilde as an athlete could get Russian citizenship only if he was medalist of the Olympic Games or World Championships. However, the American had never participated in the Olympics and at the World Cup, his best result was 10th place.

Had one option - a wedding. Wilde and Zavarzina thoroughly discussed this issue both in Russia and during monthly visits to the United States. As a result, they decided to get married.

"We have decided that this is the only chance we have available. And both of us, we can say, know that all we can do it "- said Wilde.

The wedding took place in Novosibirsk, the hometown of Alena in July 2011.

Vic did not know what it looks like a real Russian wedding. As a result, he duly redeemed bride, paying chocolates "Alenka". Then he had four ribbons to choose one that leads to the bride.

First pulled the one that leads to the cat, and then for the one that my grandmother. "And only the third attempt found me!" - Says Alain.

Until recently, the couple lived in the United States, the home of Vic, but now moved to Moscow, which caused considerable surprise to acquaintances, friends and fans of the pair.

Wilde began performing as a team with his wife. Vic proved that love inspires and pushes to new exploits, including sports, Eurosport commentator notes Anton Kucherov:

"Since last season, Vick was in favor of our team. Before that, he missed a year and played for the US team, and no specific results are not wanted. And when our married Alain Zavarzin, arrived in Russia, became an advocate for the national team in the same season began to win prizes at the World Cup. Including at the World Championships he finished third. It's actually a great success, because the male snowboard parallel we have been worse than the female, and now, we can say they are almost equal ».

After a triumphant performance of American coach Denis Tikhomirov called Vick "the leader of the men's team of Russia." However, the athlete does not consider himself a star and continues to train hard. However, as Alain. Family relationships do not hinder them, everyone is able to prioritize.

Relationships helped uncover a new way not only to Vick, but Alyona. As repeatedly noted athlete, Vic taught her to be given to the beloved as a whole, to more than 100 percent. Of course, Wilde brought with him a new attitude to the team.

And February 19, 2014 Vic won the Olympics in Sochi. He won gold in spite of everything, because of this in his victory believed, perhaps, but she spouse Alain Zavarzin.

Now the Russian snowboarder Victor Wild in the finals in the parallel giant slalom ahead of Swiss Nevin Galmarini 2, 14 seconds. Alena Zavarzina a few minutes before won a bronze medal, which according to her athletes as gold. In the small final, she was ahead Inu Mexica from Austria to 0, 82 seconds, but in the final competition of the athlete lost to Swiss Patrizia Kummer and Tomoka Takeuchi Japanese woman.

By the way, the highest standard Wilde medal was the first in the history of Russian snowboarding in the Olympics.

Admiring fans very emotionally commented on social networks this joyful event. "It was great !!! Snowboard. At Vic Wilde gold medal, and his wife Alena Zavarzina bronze! That's what makes love "- wrote on his page on Twitter Olympic skating champion Svetlana Zhurova.

Commenting on the change of citizenship, Wilde said in an interview with NBC, which now considers himself a Russian, not American.

"I do not think of myself as an American. I am Russian. Perhaps I can not speak fluently in Russian, and I do not understand fully the culture of this country, but I live here. I'm not some American boy who lives in America and wants to skate for Russia, because it's easier. Quite the contrary - I chose the hard way. "

19. Last !!!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting