All the characters in My Fair Nanny represent some kind of role model, but are they really worth emulating?

Although at one time we watched all the episodes of the sitcom “My Fair Nanny” a dozen times, we did not get tired of the actors and roles for a moment. Each of them became a little closer to us. Usually the viewer is not inclined to look at a comedy from a serious angle, to get to the bottom of the true motives of the characters’ behavior. But we guarantee that the characters in “My Fair Nanny” are not as simple as you are used to thinking about them!

Instagram “My Fair Nanny”: actors and roles As a child, I watched with my mouth open how nanny Vika skillfully got into awkward situations and playfully got away with it. How gracefully this temperamental brunette makes friends among celebrities, familiarly twirls her ponytail in front of her boss and funny upsets “Toad” Arkadyevna.

But 20 years after the release of my favorite sitcom, I looked at its characters with completely different eyes. Each of them is a storehouse of worldly wisdom and a working role model. But is it worth imitating them?

Instagram I suggest you study the psychological portrait of the key four of “My Fair Nanny”: Victoria Prutkovskaya, Maxim Shatalin, Zhanna and Konstantin. Let's look at what psychological problems each of them faced. Looking ahead, I want to say: “Forgive us, Zhanna Arkadyevna, you are an amazing woman!”

Psychological portrait of nanny Vika One gets the impression that Victoria dreams of only one thing - to get married successfully. Or - unsuccessfully. According to the canon, the guy throws the girl out of work, and now her new employer becomes her target. She will pursue him for many seasons, but in the meantime accept advances from all potential suitors.

Instagram Why is Vika left alone with such ambitions? Most likely, she doesn’t really want to get married! And who really dreams about Victoria’s marriage is her mother. In the picture of the world of the heroine Lyubov Polishchuk, marriage is the main goal of a woman’s destiny. And it is precisely this attitude that she puts into her daughter’s head as much as possible.

But what motivates a girl? Unexpectedly for herself, she discovers her talent as a nanny. Her strength lies in her flexible mind and ability to benefit from any circumstance. Although Vika may seem frivolous, she takes her responsibilities seriously and creatively. And thanks to her high social intelligence, the girl easily finds a common language with different people, including children.

Instagram In her person, Shatalin’s children find a reliable object of affection. Vika accepts them no matter what and always stands up for them. And this is much better than monitoring homework.

Maxim Shatalin: cracker or sufferer? Victoria's boss seems to be her complete opposite. Between family and business, he chooses work. Maxim manages to remain in a cold and detached zen, while the household members act out performances every minute. Perhaps his indifference is a way to cope with grief after the loss of his wife. To cope with strong emotions, our psyche can become “numb” for a while.

Vika brings chaos into the life of the Shatalin family. She loves to burst into the office without knocking and sit on the table in a short skirt. And it doesn’t fit into Maxim’s usual way of life at all. The nanny's extravagant antics enrage him, but only at first glance. After Vika leaves home, Shatalin misses her more than anyone else.

Instagram Maxim quickly falls in love with Victoria, but does not find the strength to get closer and immediately takes back his words. At the same time, he continues to delve into himself and is jealous of the girl towards others. Psychologists call this type of attachment avoidant. Such people are afraid of separation, so they distance themselves from others so as not to experience the same pain of loss.

But how did Vika and Maxim manage to build a relationship in the end? The fact is that they fell in love with each other with all the advantages and disadvantages. Shatalin accepts his beloved’s eccentric disposition, and she has learned to put up with his coldness.

Konstantin: unhappy lover Did you also worry about the relationship between Konstantin and Zhanna more than your own?

Sometimes it seems that the irrepressible butler is the main spectator of the play called “The Passion of the Shatalin House.” Eavesdropping, gossiping, sarcastic and mocking Zhanna Arkadyevna are Konstantin’s favorite pastimes. His jokes on the blonde are often merciless and painful. But why does he harass Zhanna if he obviously has passionate feelings for her?

Instagram Probably it's usually jealousy! Over the course of the series, we learn that the butler sympathizes with Jeanne. But she doesn’t care about him: she dreams of marrying Shatalin. Konstantin uses sarcasm as an environmentally friendly way for him to express anger. His demeanor can be called passive-aggressive.

“My Fair Nanny”: actors and roles of unloved children A business woman with impeccable taste, smart, stylish and resilient Zhanna is the financial director of Shatalin’s company. She is also Victoria’s main antagonist. A complex character does not overshadow a woman’s high professionalism. But it’s not easy for her to communicate with people. Why?

Instagram Perhaps it’s because of Zhanna’s cool relationship with her father. Not having built a secure attachment with her parent, she had to create support within herself. Become demanding, tough and cold. If she had had a nanny like Vika in her childhood, everything could have been different.

At this point they intersect with Konstantin. She is stopped from getting closer by her status and the image of a successful smart girl; he is stopped by sarcasm. But both take off their masks and show their feelings when the border is blurred by alcohol. To be together, they have to work through past grievances.

Instagram How multifaceted the series “My Fair Nanny” is! The actors and roles will remain in our hearts for many years due to their sincerity and authenticity. As well as the memory of Anastasia Zavorotnyuk, who passed into another world at the end of May.

Which sitcom character do you find most interesting from a psychological point of view? Share your opinion in the comments.

Tags

See also

New and interesting