Famous photographers and their famous pictures (13 photos)

Tim Mantoani of San Diego has decided to show the world the face of famous authors photos. His album 'Behind Photographs: Archiving Photographic Legends' contains portraits of famous photographers and their works. Tim, the last five years engaged in shooting these portraits, said that at a time when everyone can be a photographer, it's important to show people that the legendary images can not be obtained by chance. Showing the face of professional photographers, Tim gives them a tribute they deserve. "Without these people and their professionalism, we would not have pictures, the value of which we understand only the passage of time" - he adds.

1. Jeff Wiedner with his "Tank Man of Tiananmen Square" in 1989. (Tim Mantoani)

2. Steve McCurry with a portrait of a girl from Peshawar, Pakistan, made in 1984.

"I am 17 years looking for this girl, and finally, in 2002, found it. Sharbat Gula her name. " (Tim Mantoani)

3. Neil Liferov:

photograph taken them 25 May 1965 in Lewiston, Maine: Muhammad Ali vs. Liston. (Tim Mantoani)

4. Bill Eppridge photo of Robert Kennedy made after his murder June 5, 1968. (Tim Mantoani)

Elliott Erwitt 5:

"This picture I made in 1974, around the corner from his home in Central Park in New York. Unfortunately now, 38 years later, I do not know where my model, and I can not contact them. " (Tim Mantoani)

6. Brent Stirton:

"It's Virunga - the first national park in Africa. It is located in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Male and 6 female mountain gorillas were killed by a group of people to intimidate activists who oppose the illegal charcoal production in the park. Everything in the world there are about 40 gorillas of this species, and nature reserve staff struck a brutal killer. " (Tim Mantoani)

7. Brian Smith:

"The magic of photography is shown in full when you do not know what will happen in the next moment." (Tim Mantoani)

8. Douglas Kirkland:

"It's my night with Marilyn." (Tim Mantoani)

9. Harry Benson:

"Beatles manager Brian Epstein told the group that they are number one in the US, and I will go with them in New York. It was in 1964 ". (Tim Mantoani)

10. Karen Kuehn:

"This image has been specially made for National Geographic in 1993. I was asked to remove the whole story dedicated to cats, and it was something original! I had to think about it. Russian blue cat, I decided to take a picture with a ballerina, because I remembered that George Balanchine, constantly brought his dancers example of how cats always land in the fall on your fingers. " (Tim Mantoani)

11. Lyle Overko:

"Nobody expected that such a beautiful warm day will be the backdrop for one of the most painful strikes at the heart of the American people. This picture - only a small part of this huge event, which connects thousands of stories and millions of people. Written will never be able to convey fully what happened. Words can not recreate the sounds, smells and voices, forever imprinted in my mind that day. I could do nothing better than to photograph September 11 so that future generations will have an idea of ​​the scale of what happened, that they have evidence of how serenity can so easily disappear in an instant. Hopefully, over time, the wounds will heal, the pain has subsided, the wisdom of the world and win the darkness of this event, and mankind will be able to move forward to prosperity and understanding, and wisdom and peace will prevail over darkness. " (Tim Mantoani)

12. Mark Seliger:

"This picture opens with an article about Nirvana magazine Rolling Stone. Two months later, Kurt Cobain shot himself, and the photo appeared on the cover of the memorial issue of the magazine. " (Tim Mantoani)

13. Mary Ellen Mark:

"I'm in the hands of Ram Prakash Singh Photo and his beloved elephant Shyam made in 1990. Ram Prakash Singh was ringmaster "Great gold circus." The picture was taken in Ahmedabad, India. This is part of my Indian circus project. I love India and I love the circus, so shooting in 18 circuses throughout India became a unique event for me. Unfortunately, Shyam died a few months after the shooting. Most likely, he was poisoned. It broke the heart of Ram Prakash Singh. And me. " (Tim Mantoani)

Tags

See also

New and interesting