A cautionary tale

There once was a foreman. All his life he built the house, but became old and decided to retire.
 - I quit - he said employer. - I am leaving for retirement. I'll be the old woman to nurse grandchildren.
The owner was sorry to part with this man, and he asked him:
 - Hey, come on so - Build the last house and spend your retirement. With a good prize!
Foreman agreed. According to a new project he had to build a house for a small family, and began: coordination, material sourcing, testing ...
Foreman in a hurry, because already saw himself in retirement. Something is gradually completed, something simpler to buy cheap materials because they can be delivered quickly ... He felt that he does not his best work, but defended themselves by saying that this is the end of his career. Upon completion of construction, he called the owner.
He looked at the house and said:
- You know, it's your house! Here, take the keys and inspire. All documents are already decorated. This is a gift for you from the company for many years of operation.
That experienced foreman, was known to him alone! He was red with shame, and all around clapping their hands, congratulating his housewarming and thought he was blushing from embarrassment, and he blushed with shame for their own negligence. He realized that all the mistakes and shortcomings are now his problems and everything thought he was embarrassed expensive gift. And now he had to live in the only house built badly ...
Moral: We all - superintendents. We build our lives as superintendent before retiring. We do not make a special effort, considering that the results of this particular building is not so important. Why excessive force? But then we realize that we live in a house that had built. For all that we do today is important. Today we are building a house in which to instill tomorrow.

Tags

See also

New and interesting