A cautionary tale about the throwing of Nigeria (8 photos)

About Nigerian letters have heard everything, but not everyone knows that the guys from Nigeria now also engaged in divorce and gullible Russians in expensive equipment. This is a cautionary tale.

Home

It all started with the fact that I came with ebay Apple MacBook PRO 15 ". I bought it for myself, but it turned out that not a soul laid him. After 13, "it seemed too heavy and uncomfortable. It was decided to sell it and take to replace something small.

Notebook sales

I wrote several ads. Including the Molotok.ru. A few hours after issuing lots hammer, I received in the mail that the item was won. The purchaser was registered on the day of purchase and is not outlined in the comments themselves to buy.
In order to make sure that people really want to buy my laptop, I wrote him a letter of congratulation.

A day later I received an answer from the buyer.

In short: the laptop was bought for his son on his birthday, who lives in Nigeria, and is engaged in foreign languages. The buyer asks to send the parcel via EMS and tell him the full amount of delivery. Also, he needed my bank details.
According to the country, it became seems that fraudsters operate. I told the buyer that I send abroad only after «Clear Payment» via PayPal.

The buyer is in no hurry with the answers. Letters come from him after an average of 12-15 hours of the mine. The new letter from the buyer:

Buyer agrees to this option. He wished to know the full cost of $ or Euro with delivery. Well, let:

Fraud scheme

And this is where the fun begins. Somewhere within 12 hours receive a letter from Service@paypal.com as follows:

It seems that the money transferred to your account, but you want to send a confirmation. After that, the transfer will be confirmed. But the sender's country, and visual style does not match the style of PayPal. Needless to say that in your account to PayPal, there was no translation? Just scammer sent another letter:

Here, in principle, says the same thing. Send let us Tracking code, and we'll credit you money.
On this our communication has stopped, the circuit is simple and straightforward. Then no wonder.

Conclusions

Carefully read the buyer. Especially if he is from Nigeria. And especially if the lot is expensive.
Money in the morning, evening chairs. Do not send anything until you are sure that the money is in your account and you can dispose of them.
Look carefully at the letters from the payment system.
Think twice about whether to send the item overseas. Maybe there will be a buyer in your country?

Moral

The scheme is simple and straightforward divorce. For it is very difficult story. But if you are an inexperienced seller or the moment you have a huge number of items, you just do not notice the swindler.
Be careful and successful sales!

Tags

See also

New and interesting