Female snipers

January 28, 1945 died Rose Shanin, woman sniper, one of many who fought in the Great Patriotic War on a par with men. Today I would like to remember this beautiful girl, my compatriot ... Top quality sniper observation, patience, the ability to wait, just to perform its task. Gunmen had to lie in the shelter for several hours without moving. It was believed that such a hellish patience is given only to women. Therefore, in WWII fought a lot of women snipers. Six of them were awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union. One became a full knight of the Order of Glory soldier. The first female sniper who became a knight of the Order of Glory, a 21-year-old Rose Shanin.

She was born April 3, 1924 in a large peasant family in the Vologda province, his name was in honor of Rosa Luxemburg. After finishing 7th grade girl against the wishes of the parents went to Arkhangelsk enter the teacher training college. When the war began, Rose was 17 years old. Three of her brother went to the front and died early in the war. In the summer of 1943, Rose came to the recruitment office to enlist. She was sent to a female sniper school, which graduated with honors in 1944, and went to the front part of the female sniper platoon.

Rose Shanin famous ability to keep accurate shooting at a moving enemy targets. She has 59 (according to other sources - 75) killed the soldiers and officers of the Wehrmacht, 12 of them - snipers. Allied Newspapers Shanin called "invisible horror of East Prussia," Soviet newspapers and magazines published photos sniper with a charming smile. Rose became the first female sniper, awarded the Order of Glory II and III, and the medal "For Courage". Despite the ban, she was the front-line diaries, in which it is written about his sudden popularity: "I sit and wonder about his glory. My name is the top scorer in the newspaper "destroy the enemy" and "Spark" put my picture on the first page. It's strange to imagine how those people I know look at this illustration ... I know that so few done so far ... ยป

Roza Shanina not only had to sit in a sniper ambush, she went on the attack on the frontlines and exploration. Shanina last fight was a battle in East Prussia. Rose wrote in his diary that may soon perish - the Germans are the strongest mortar fire, and their battalion lost 72 people from 78. January 25 Rose was seriously wounded in the chest, rescuing wounded in the battle commander of an artillery unit. 21-year-old Rose Shanin died in the hospital January 28, 1945, did not live a few months before the victory.

It is unfortunate that in our city there is still no monument obelisk or this famous girl was named after one of the streets in the city of Arkhangelsk ... But many do not know, after whom the street is named ... The country should know its heroes !!!
FEAT should not be forgotten, the memory of heroes should be eternally !!!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting