A trip to Cologne and Dusseldorf, Germany (45 photos)

Famous blogger unexpectedly fell in Düsseldorf, and from there to Cologne.
Such moments happen once in a lifetime, and he took advantage of them walked on a nice place, and made wonderful photographs that convey the little situation.
Enjoy watching.

Here is the story of the author:

In Cologne, I found myself accidentally. Last week we have a young municipal deputy Maxim Katz got tickets to Helsinki. We had to visit a very well respected expert on the tram for to discuss his visit to Moscow. In Helsinki, we had to go by train, as the youngest member is afraid to travel and loves to sleep. From there we took the ticket to Düsseldorf, where he was expected to meet with a highly respected expert on transport matters. As they say, there were no signs of trouble ... but the enemy was more insidious than we thought. Katz was struck by an unprecedented disease and he fell ill.

Since Katz is very economical, we bought the cheapest tickets which was impossible to pass. In the end I decided to go alone, so tickets are not disappearing. In Helsinki, I went and changed the tickets immediately in Duesseldorf. Of course, this time of year is nothing to do here. Terrible weather - drizzle of rain, all gray and dirty, wind, people hiding in their homes.

I flew to Düsseldorf, go to the station to buy tickets. Here comes some guy and said, "You do not accidentally Cologne want? And then I have an extra ticket, will give for Euro 6 "... I do not know what came over me, but I said that I had it in Cologne. We ran a train and in 5 minutes I was driving a high-speed ICE to Cologne at 120 km.h just 6 euros. So yesterday I unexpectedly ended up in Cologne.

01. We fly to Dusseldorf, the weather is still good, but soon everything will delay the clouds.

02. Fields beautiful ...

03. From the terminal station to go here are suspended trains. They are automatic. Ticket half euros.

04. He came to Cologne, went for a walk. Here I was already 3 times Villages Villages. City totally uninteresting. During the war, the city is completely destroyed (was destroyed 90% of buildings), leaving only the Cologne Cathedral, which served as a reference point for the bombers. On the waterfront rheinauhafen, finished a construction of a new quarter. Among the buildings rheinauhafen divided into three 60-meter building received for their similarity to the name of the tower cranes Kranhaus.

05. That's Quay looked before.

06. In 1998, a decision was made in redeveloping rheinauhafen promenade with a complex of office and entertainment facilities and residential buildings. It was very cool place with cafes, restaurants and chic plitochki.

07. The building Microsoft.

08. Above all the space given to pedestrians and cyclists.

09. All parking lots and driveways only underground. At the top can only drive up the taxi, buses and machines operational services.

10. Cologne Cathedral, the glass vestibule at the entrance.

11. One of the stained glass in the cathedral looks like. He presented the Gerhard Richter, one of the most expensive contemporary artists painters in Germany. Disputes about such an unusual stained glass was a lot. Interestingly, the location of these pixels were computer-generated. According to Richter, the artist's non-interference in the process of placement of colored squares on the layout of stained glass, it symbolizes the divine will, which determines how the product will look like.

12. And in Cologne finish building a new grand mosque. Today, 12% of the population of Cologne, which is approximately 120 thousand inhabitants, Muslims, mostly Turks. The project of the mosque designed by local architect Paul Böhm.

13. disputes and protests over the mosque there were many. "For me it is clear that the Muslims should be a worthy place for prayer - says the mayor of Cologne, Fritz Schramm. - I'm much stronger concern is that people over 35 years living in Germany, do not know a word of German. " Personally, I am more confused form of the building. Pay attention to the roof, there sits a bunch of pigeons. A few years later at the mosque will be a great white cap, like a snow-covered mountain;).

14. Street Fashion. All teenage boys wear bright colored pants!

15. And the girls there.

16. The transitional age.

17. Parking on sidewalks in residential areas.

18. Look, what a wonderful transition! There are no borders, all perfectly laid plitochki.

19. In some places from the old asphalt pavers stands. It is unclear why try to hide such beauty.

20. In the center of the tile shift. By the way, as I did not see the buildings, all working Germans. The quality does not save.

21. Pay attention to the information board of one of the buildings. It describes in detail how and what to build. We have, at best, hang the name of the construction company and completion dates. As I wrote before, the authorities must be able to communicate with residents.

22. In the courtyard there veloparkovki.

23. Bicycle with a children's basket.

24. trash.

25. Bench.

26. Instructions how to play sports on it.

27. Cologne column.

28. Bicycle paths on the roads in red.

29. Beware of tram!

30. Cologne walking speed tram - Metrotram. In the city center lines go underground, and in the suburbs come to the surface. The underground part resembles a conventional underground. The difference lies in the fact that the platform in low speed tram. The height of the floor on different lines is different.

31. Tram type K5000. There usually is anchored on the 2 train. Ticket for a short trip is worth one and a half euros, a long two and a half.

32. wagons hanging warning penalties in nine languages.

33. Postal truck)

34. After lunch, go to the station to go back to Dusseldorf.

35. On platforms hanging up of the scheme trains stop cars. Once you can determine where you stop the car right.

36. I went in Dusseldorf high-speed train for 18 euros.

37. The path 21 minutes.

38. In Dusseldorf the first thing sit in the tram and go riding through the city.

39. All run.

40. Beauty.

41. Bar.

42. New houses on the waterfront.

44. The tram stops in Dusseldorf all with lighting. At each stop hanging route map and all the information.

In the evening, I come to the hotel. My pedometer shows that I passed 32 km in a day. Not bad. The day managed to see almost everything I wanted. Tomorrow will be continued!

Source: zyalt.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting