Garden table

Early 90's, the Netherlands, Tilburg. Things three young gentlemen, not burdened by the knowledge of the German language at least, were not. Well, they did not enjoy demand in the local labor market. Eat like desperate, they were ready to subscribe to literally any job. From a newspaper ad in the local managed to learn that the same passion as the farmer needed a team of carpenters. None of the Trinity and the close was not familiar with the profession of the father of Jesus, the calculation was that somehow in the course will be able to figure out, or until they see through, will be able to intercept anything.
Dutch guy named Adolf was similar to the liking of his famous namesake. He looked doubtfully company youths, frowning incredulously. Guys, in turn, using the services of a German phrase book, tried to assure the owner that they have a "very good carpenter," we can say, the best of Eastern Europe.
Next Fuhrer using gestures and interjections explained that to begin with I would like to make the team produced a garden table. Work, they say, is simple, and once it is clear who is who. "Oh! I-I! "- Inspired by the good fellows said. Table - the so-table. What difference does it make, if you do not know how?
The fact that the problem will become clear in the hardware store, where each board was worth 30 guilders and was wrapped in foil. Boards have a reserve, not without reason, in anticipation of the marriage work. And three hours later unfamiliar hard work, a table was ready. However, if we look dispassionately, he looked more like a goat, with which it would be quite convenient to paint.
By swollen veins on his forehead Dutchman became clear that he, too, was expecting to see something different, more like furniture. His eyes were scared to rotate. "He's probably the money for the board said," - whispered to one of the kids. And resolutely stepped forward because I had something urgent to take.
One hand, attracting the attention of parliament lifted up. In another he was the notorious phrase book. Given the thinness, unshaven and working toga he really looked like a preacher saint. "They are! Bean! Regulates "- not a quick choice of words, proclaimed a saint, pointing with his free hand on the handiwork fellows. Say - adjust.
"Won" - shouted the farmer. Well, or something like that, but it is very clear in meaning. For some reason, it has become clear that there will not be paid.
Depressed the company rolled the rain off their bikes inhospitable Dutch town. For some reason, whenever they were expelled with nothing was rain ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting