Amazon announced the delivery of the goods robots (video)

More precisely, geksakopterami. Jeff Bezos introduced a new way to deliver the goods to the purchaser within 30 minutes Amazon Prime Air . Delivery by automated geksakopterov.

The idea is not new, but in this case a few things happy. Firstly, the company is engaged in a level of promising developments. Secondly, the decision appears to be quite complex and complete, which means that the future is really here.
Let's look at the video:

Automatic goods reception, automatic loading, automatic delivery, automatic return to the base - the complete set, what you need.

Amazon plans to use copter for delivery only in the distant 2015, although you pull here - it is not clear (except with battery). One could quite get permission to fly in any particular city, where it is easiest to do good and to test the system in real conditions. Then Amazon would be the most futuristic and innovative company in the world - no joke, the robo-bird in the service of the people! This is not a phone robo-arms to collect!

In Russia, the guys also recently announced the delivery service using the copter: www.copterexpress.ru Although the site and made a lot of noise, it probably is just landing page - no service there. Naturally, no one gave them permission to fly over Moscow. But more than that, when I got in touch with them for the demonstration of their creations on TV, they could not find copter ...

Well, it is clear how much they (or their) homemade creations different from Amazon:

Manual loading and unloading of hand ... well, if he flies. Quite incomplete and uninformed decisions.

I believe that the technologies of the future - this is not some ephemeral ideas or fantastic drawings teleporters, these technologies - is designed, ready (or almost ready) to use the device ahead of time and significantly improve (simplify) the lives of people.
I am confident that the Amazon was able to create a copter (even the whole system) of the future. Hopefully we'll see it in action before 2015.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/204420/

Tags

See also

New and interesting