STUDS OR Velcro

LONG DISPUTE WHICH IS BETTER FOR THE TIRE WINTER RUSSIA studded rubber or Velcro? Velcro
It has long heard of velcro and tested in action, more than thorns trust, and on our roads is to stick to what? Chemistry on the roads? She should stick to something! And you try to pour a glass washing powder with sand (well, to somehow show our road to idiocy and slippery as was) and try to stick the suction cup and moved. Well? Already we ran for studded tires? In Europe, the road is not sprinkled with chemistry and fine rock dust Velcro their working rules! Since baby, getting into the "pores" Velcro on the tires under braking work as thorns, and it fucking does not stick to anything! If it is more frost clings to corners (uneven ice crust) ice thanks to its soft rubber, and if slush, it is like a cow on ice, for which she cling to what stick? She certainly will stick if it is perfectly clear ice. I understand the real principle of the Velcro in Russia: if you do not stick the hooked because of the softness of her, and if you do not stick and do not get caught then welcome to the service station. And frankly I do not know where these myths on the Internet about its stickiness. We conduct tests. the street was -18 - 20 (ideal temperature for Velcro) served as a testing ground surface of the frozen Gulf of Finland, 60% of bare ice, well, I think Pitertsy know this place, that's where we tested tires spike and Velcro. Cars 2 Shack Hatch. Velcro rubber that that spike NOKIAN new economy class, the rate of 60 typed then enter the rotation after emergency braking. At the start of 3000 RPM thorns tearing at the turn spiked small drift, with the same maneuver Velcro not cope and the car went into a snowbank 4 times tried-nifiga not hold when braking Velcro car stopped 2.6 meters further than thorns. We draw conclusions.

Studded
But spikes. Spikes no matter what the road slush or ice. then two positions either have no thorns or spines. On ice with our chemistry they operate digging into the ice, slush, or they operate digging into the ice or asphalt. The main enemy of thorns is certainly the asphalt and the driver idiot. Over time, they grind fly off, and of course tires lose their grip. But it's easy! It is necessary to monitor the condition that the studded rubber Velcro that does not break with the place, and not to drive. Ride 5 seasons on the same tires to anything good will not. Yes studded tires if economy class noisy and heavier than Velcro, but it is better than the noise at the turn in the cell.
Why am I all that? Just want to open the eyes of motorists that the fastener in Russia did not really work. Do not choose a cheap studded tires, do not chase profit, buy a good winter tires on the thorns and not to drive in the winter. Take care of their loved ones as well as other car owners. And stay human in any situation.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting