Photo-excursion on the bus plant

Photo-excursion on the bus to the famous Yaroslavl plant, one of the biggest tire factories in the central region of Russia. Reports of the workshops, which produce and test the tire brand «Cordiant» for cars.

I previously knew that the tire - not a simple thing. It turned out that the production is even more difficult than I imagined. And most importantly, I have learned the secret, where are the antennae on the new tires and why they are needed!

A bit of history: Not many people know that long ago the tires were wooden or metal (so I was told at the institute). The world's first rubber tire was made by Robert William Thomson in 1846, but the author of the tire considered Scotsman John Dunlop, who in 1887 came up to put on the wheel tricycle his 10-year-old son broad hoops made out of a hose for watering the garden, and inflate of air. It is with the bike and began the era of pneumatic tires.

The main materials for the production of tires are rubber, which is made from natural and synthetic rubbers, and cord.
Manufacturing begins with the tire rubber compounding, which can include up to 10 chemicals from sulfur and carbon and ending with rubber. From a mixture of special machines to make different extrusion billets for the future tire.

For example, looking next on the conveyor cord.

On the cull section blank you can see a "skeleton tires" - frame, which is made of high-strength steel cord. Many minded car owners believe that it's time to throw the bus only when it is erased before the cord.

Tags

See also

New and interesting