We remember.

Marvin Heemeyer (Eng. Marvin John Heemeyer)
October 28, 1951 - June 4, 2004
In general, there was a man with a capital letter "M" on behalf of Marvin Himayer.
He worked as a welder, mending car mufflers in the town of Granby, Colorado. The town is a microscopic, 2,200. Workshop where he was with the store. As I understand it, a plot of land that he has officially bought the studio for a fairly decent dibs on auction (something around $ 15,000, for he sold his stake in a large service station in Denver).
Still, as a hobby, he built and snowmobiles in the winter and ride them around the neighborhood Granby newlyweds. As the limousine. He even had a license (never suspected that such activities can be licensed at all). In my opinion, the guy was pretty good-natured and extremely funny. However, «While many people described Heemeyer as a likeable guy, others said he was not someone to cross.» He served his time in the Air Force, airport equipment, and since then has steadily worked on the engineering side. He lived to be fifty-two years old, not married (some sad love story where he once befell).

Workshop it was attached to the territory of one party to the cement plant Mountain Park Inc. The plant's management has decided to expand production, to build another production line. This required the land. As in such cases, buying back the land, seems to be no need to explain - in my adult friends to all people, from Russia and its environs understand everything. As a result, we have been redeemed all areas except the ill-fated workshop Marvin. I believe that he had been offered for the plot is quite worth the money, but Himayer seems to go in this case the principle. Maybe it was the way it was this land, maybe something. He even took in 2002 to challenge in court the decision to grant the territory under the plant, and he conducted the case, of course, progadil.
In general, cultural desperate to solve the problem, man began to veer. Since all the land around the factory shop has prinalezhali, he blocked all communication and access to the house. Marvin decided to build another road, and even bought a decommissioned this bulldozer "Caterpillar D-9" with the restored engine. Here such, it enjoys the same "Gazprom" in the polar deposits:
The city administration refused permission to lay a new road.
At the bank to find fault with a mortgage loan and threatened to take away the house. Several times drove tax Taxes with retailers, fire inspection, disease surveillance, the latter wrote a fine of $ 2,500 for a magical «junk cars on the property and not being hooked up to the sewer line» - we recall, was an auto repair shop. Plumbed Marvin could not, because the land on which should dig a ditch, too, belonged to the factory and was in no hurry to give him such a permit. Marvin paid. Putting a receipt when sending a short note - "Cowards". A couple of months after that, he holed up in the studio. During this time, he died dad, Marvin went to bury him, and while he was away, he turned off the light, water and sealed the workshop.

Finally, June 4, 2004, took a particular Himayer revenge. For all.
It turns out that he is one and a half years working on his bulldozer. Sheathed his dvenadtsatimillimetrovymi steel sheets laid centimeter layer of cement. To equip the cameras with image on the monitor inside the cab. We equip the camera lens cleaning systems. I put it in the cockpit refrigerator. I uploaded to water, beer and snacks. I put a gas mask. Two "Ruger-223" and one "Remington 306" with cartridges. Climbed himself. With the remote control down on the chassis another armored box, locked himself inside. And at 14:30 left the garage.

Marvin was previously a list of goals. All those who thought it necessary to take revenge. «Sometimes, as he put it in the notes, reasonable men must do unreasonable things.»
First, he passed through the plant, carefully snesya building the plant, production facilities and in general to the last barn. Then he walked through the town. He took off the facades of houses with members of the city council. Demolished building of the bank, who was trying to push it through the early repayment of a mortgage loan. Destroy buildings and gas production & lt; Ixel Energy & gt ;, abandoned after the penalty to fill his cooking gas cylinders, City Hall, City Council offices, fire departments, warehouse, several residential buildings owned by the city mayor. Until the pile sryli local newspapers and public libraries, in short, I carried all that had anything to do with the local authorities, including their homes. And he showed a good awareness of who owns what.

--img3--

Himayera tried to stop. First, the local sheriff and his assistants. Let me remind you, it has been fitted with a bulldozer centimeter spaced armor. Local police used revolvers and shotguns-nine. With the obvious result. With zero. Alarm raised local detachment SWAT. Then the forest rangers. In SWATa found grenades, assault rifles at the rangers. Some particularly dashing sergeant jumped from the roof to the hood of a bulldozer and tried to throw stun grenades into the exhaust pipe. It's hard to say what he wanted to achieve - SOB Himayer, as it turned out, it is welded to the bars, so the only thing lost as a result of the bulldozer - is the actual pipe. Sergeant, of course, also survived. Slezogonka the driver did not take the - the monitors could be seen in a gas mask.
Himayer actively shot back through the cut in the armor of the loopholes. No one from his fire does not hurt. Because he shot much higher goals. Simply put, in the sky. However, the police approach him no longer resolved. In total, and considering their rangers that time there were about 40 people. Bulldozer received more than 200 hits from all - from the service revolver to M-16 grenades. He tried to stop hefty scraper - "Cat" easily stuffed in his back scraper storefront and left there. The only achievement was punched rebound radiator - however, as the experience of our quarrying, bulldozers are not immediately pay attention to even the complete failure of the cooling system.
All that could result in the police actually do - is to evacuate the 1, 5 thousand. Residents and blocked all roads, including driving to Denver federal highway number 40 (overlapping federal highway all particularly shocked).
"War Himayera" finished in 16:23.
Until the pile Marvin decided to raze small wholesale shop "Gembls." In my opinion, there is no longer simply had nothing to endure, was still filling stations LPG, but its explosion blew least half the town without distinction, where the house of the mayor, and where - a scavenger. Bulldozer filled up with debris of the roof, he was stuck and stalled.
Police feared more than two hours approach to the bulldozer. Then for a long time done the hole in the armor (three plastic charge did not give the desired effect). When the armor, the next morning, finally broke through the blowtorch, the driver was already dead for half a day. Last chuck Himayer left for themselves.

--img4--

As aptly put governor of Colorado, "the city looks as if a tornado swept through him." The city was indeed caused damage at $ 5 million, the plant - $ 2 000 000. When the scale of small towns meant the almost complete destruction. The plant has never recovered from the attack and sold territory, together with the ruins.
Bulldozer some pundits like to put on a pedestal and make the attraction, but the majority insisted on its melting. The inhabitants of the town, this is the case, as you might guess, very mixed emotions.

--img5--

Source: marvin-heemeyer.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting