Sufis say that most people most of his life are not able to perceive the deep stuff. This is because they misinterpret what they are taught. Two weaknesses that come up again and again - to understand the words too literally, and interpret them too superficial.
This story shows these two trends: the first disciple, his friend - the second.
Dervis said to his disciples:
- Promise me one thing, and I will do everything for you.
- Promise me about anything I did not ask - and I will do everything for you!
Once one student asked him:
- Well, what you teach dervish?
- He taught me about anything he did not ask.
- This is not a teacher, it's a cheapskate!