Surreal

American photographer conceptualist Barbie Thomas (Thomas Barbéy) sees the world and everyday life a little differently. Using his sharp artistic eye, Barbie travels the world in order to create surreal images.

He compares the different scenic images, still lifes, portraits, blending them into a creative, whimsical composition. As a result, opening up new worlds, friends and familiar objects are represented on the other side.

om inspiration for Thomas are the work of his favorite artists Rene Magritte, Roger Dean, Escher. Creating a logic puzzle, the author compares the incongruous and disproportionate images in one photo.

The installation process begins with the concept. The idea of ​​creating a snapshot first born in the imagination of Thomas Barbie. Playing with the prospect of using a double exposure and imposing negatives on each other, the artist created a unique style called "fotomiksazh", which resulted in a black and white surreal collages.

The artist himself explains: The ability to create amazing and strange photos - a gift from God. The only way I can explain the source of my ideas. Created by me creative people can understand theoretically totally unprepared.

Tags

See also

New and interesting