Children's toys

Every child has a favorite toy or even a few. Italian photographer Gabriele Galimberti (Gabriele Galimberti) in his photo project decided to approach the children to explore their world and a close relationship with children's toys. To do this, he spent 18 months traveling around the world and photographed the children surrounded by favorite toys.

Orly - Brownsville, Texas

The project entitled «Toy Stories» («Toy Story") shows the main children's desire - to play. Photographer recalls: At their age, I dreamed about the same. They just want to play.
Li Yi Chen - Shenyang, China

Abel - Nopaltepec, Mexico

Alessia - Castiglion Fiorentino, Italy

In order to know the child better, before each photo session Galimberti spends time with children, playing together with their favorite toys. He found that the ratio of their toys for all the children are very different. In particular, it depends on the material condition of the families. Gabriele noticed than wealthier families and more children toys, the more they are the owners.
Richest children - the owners. At first they did not want to give me even touch his toys. It took me a long time to communicate before they let me play with them. In poor countries, it was much easier. Even if the children had only one toy they easily gave it to me.
Puput - Bali, Indonesia

Noel - Dallas, Texas

Kong Zi Yi - Chongqing, China

Allen - El Nido, Philippines

Toys reflect the world of each child. For example, a girl who was born into a wealthy family in Mumbai, loves monopoly, because she likes the idea of ​​building houses and hotels, while the boy from rural areas in Mexico loves trucks, he sees in the village on the sugar cane plantations each day. Ultimately, the toy show hopes and ambitions of people. In addition, the project has to know not only the children but also their parents. Gabriele Galimberti also noted that over the past three decades toys do not really changed, except of course computer games.

Helen - Tbilisi, Georgia

Farida - Cairo, Egypt

Keynor - Kahuta, Costa Rica

Arafa and Aisha - Bububu, Zanzibar

Botlhe - Maun, Botswana

Lucas - Sydney, Australia

Ralph - Riga, Latvia

Rean - Sepang, Malaysia

Norden - Massa, Morocco

Stella - Montecchio, Italy

Tangavizi - Kikorok, Kenya

Virginia - American Fork, Utah