Hidden talent (7 photos)

Young residents of Yemen's hidden in the niqab, told the photographer Aaron Huey (Aaron Huey) about their hidden talents of the three main qualities of their future husbands and that it is the West must, but do not want to understand the Islamic world.

Cahira

18 years old, single, student

Three major QUALITY future spouse:
1. He must love me very much. 2. He should be able to behave. 3. He should be self-confident.

Recurring dream:
I did not dream.

HIDDEN TALENT:
I have no talent. I want to become a doctor.

Wafaa

19 years old, single, student

IF you could meet with some historical characters, it would be ...
The Prophet Muhammad, because I want to ask him how to change his people, that he has become what it was before the modern world with all its misfortunes.

If I had to turn into an animal, it would be ...
Bird, so I can freely go wherever I wanted.

HIDDEN TALENT:
The ability to swim.

Recurring dream:
I do not remember my dreams.

About niqab:
I wear it because I had no choice. The only thing that I like about the niqab, is that a girl can laugh when he wants, when her face is hidden. What I do not like is that it makes some women more attractive than they deserve.

HOT western movies:
Romantic.

That the West should be aware of the Islamic world and what was not UNDERSTAND:
Islam - a religion like any other, but the difference is that Islam respects all people and teaches us how to behave, and gives us happiness in this life and the life of future.

1. He must have a purpose in life. 2. It should give me freedom. 3. He must love me very much.

Aisha

21 years old, single, student (studying computer science)

Princess Diana.

HIDDEN TALENT:
Singing. I sing only when I'm alone.

About niqab:
I like that no one knows what I'm wearing underneath. Sometimes I do something very tight or very bright.

CAREER:
I want to do computer design, when I finish studying.

What irritates:
Cat - all men chew it, and some women too. Therefore, they have to spit, and they go crazy. This is contrary to Islam.

Naema

19 years old, single, student

Three qualities of the future spouse:
1. Beauty. 2. progressive. 3. Wealth, so we can leave here.

Recurring dream:
I dream that I shot at a demonstration in the main square.

HIDDEN TALENT:
I know how to dance hip-hop.

CAREER:
I would like to become a diplomat representing Yemen somewhere in Europe or in America.

Safaa

21 years old, not married, journalist

What irritates:
Men spit on the sidewalk.

Favorite quotes from the Koran:
"We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return».

Recurring dream:
I am haunted by a snake. I'm in my small abandoned village. I am alone in the house. Sometimes a snake crawls through the door, sometimes it suddenly appears in the middle of the room. When I see her, I want to jump up, but I can not. I froze. No one comes to the rescue. I wake up, still unable to move or scream.

About niqab:
I myself decided to wear the niqab, in my family tried to dissuade me. I'm the only one of the sisters who wears it. I will not be forced. I want to be like my cousins. Their brothers told them to wear the niqab. They were forced to, and I - no. I feel more free when I wear it.

That the West should be aware of the Islamic world and then there do not yet understand:
At first glance, it may seem that Yemen - closed and backward country, but it is not. We have more freedom than you think. We even have such freedoms, which do not have any in Europe. For example, you can become invisible when you wear the niqab. And you can do something about it, remaining invisible, like a ghost.

Elham

20 years old, married, student (studying English)

HIDDEN TALENT:
I write poems.

Recurring dream:
I dream that I'm not from here. I live in Europe. I know it only from photographs, but this is what I see. I am a teacher in Europe, maybe in France or Germany, and the disciples yellow hair. I teach them Islam.

The three main characteristics of men:
1. Religious. 2. Wealth. 3. Beauty.

About niqab:
All the women in my family have to wear it. This is not a choice, it's a decision of society and religious duty.

If I had to turn into an animal, it would be ...
Any fish can be very large, but at the same time very fast. Because in the sea a lot of places where you can hide it more than land. I am on the ocean with my family, but I have to swim in clothes.

FREEDOM, which lacks:
I would like to live in Europe or America, but this will never happen.

Azhar

21 years old, not married, journalist

What irritates:
Any scraping sound.

HIDDEN TALENT:
Drawing and sewing.

FAVOURITE western movies, TV series and actors:
Harry Potter movies, TV series Lost, Steven Seagal.

Recurring dream:
I fall from a great height. Sometimes people look at me, but they do nothing to help me. In the dream, I have no voice. And I do not have the niqab.

About niqab:
I started wearing it in high school, so I told my father. In a society in which I live, all wear the niqab, and I have to be like everyone else. I like it because I'm so more protected. But when I think about it, it seems to me that women who do not wear it, less stick. But in general, I do not believe men because, as I have often noticed, they betray women. So maybe I will not marry.

1. Respect me. 2. He dozhen be understanding and not narrow-minded. 3. He should be educated and cultured man.

Saladin - he united Egypt, Syria and Yemen against the Crusaders and captured most of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Source: esquire.ru -

Tags

See also

New and interesting