Steampunk Festival

Last weekend, the festival of comic books and role-playing various board games called "Open Worlds" Every day it is a theme. Representatives of various subcultures do tournaments on various board games and organized workshops. Today we will talk about one of the days of the festival - Day Steampunk.

Or steampunk steam punk emerged as a genre of science fiction in the medium of science fiction writers, who in 80 years developed the genre of cyberpunk predicted in his writings anthropogenic dark future of humanity. They had the idea to change the scenery and to project this dark reality in the XIX century - the era of the Industrial Revolution. Steampunk involves an idea of ​​the development of civilization, which is to master the mechanics and operation of steam engines.

George Cheremin founder of the association "Black Rose", which brings together creative people working in the style of Steampunk. At the festival, they are stand "cardboard factory", where the exhibit items from their personal collections, stylized era of Victorian England of the second half of the XIX century. Artists create costumes, decorations and even the intricate details of the interior.

George is interested in steampunk childhood. "In 14 years, I came across the now cult game« Arcanum », which is very deep and thoughtful world, it was interwoven with the age of the magic of the XIX century, with steam technology. Here is a synthesis of fantasy, science fiction I was very fascinated. Later I read Jules Verne saw the movie "Back to the Future 3," "Wild Wild West", which are also made in this style ».

At the festival, George appeared in the image of the US Marshal Wyatt Earp, who is a religious person in US history. It is believed that his work represents the arrival of law to the Wild West. "I am a patriot of his country, but the images in a steampunk I prefer the US, because they no longer fit the aesthetic of retro futurism. Unfortunately, our old science fiction was not so bright illustrations, these images are not recognizable in popular culture. But now the team had the idea to pay attention to the modern and the silver age, as we see in this the potential to discover new facets of our creativity ».

Anna Chernysheva engaged in cosplay, ie costumed games, it creates clothing and jewelry in the style of Steampunk. "The most important role is played by a sense of proportion and a sense of style in the details, because people just get tired of looking at a large number of little things».

One of the main elements of the costume are typical round glasses «goggles». Often the basis of the artists take ordinary civil goggles that sostarivayut and stylize using different techniques using unique materials.

Antitelepaticheskie yarmulkes foil to protect it from reading the thoughts of an opponent on the game.

Dr. Emmett Brown and Doctor Who.

Sergei Kuznetsov in the area of ​​historical fencing.

Andrei Kudryavtsev - representative of the "Legion 501" - the world organization of fans of the imperial army.

Galina Grzhibovskaya with the author's product "Skull chicken."

Source: www.ridus.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting