No one can walk past this exhibit at the 2022 Burning Man Festival

The world-famous Burning Man Festival is in full swing. This year it began on August 28 and will end on September 5. The organizers of the event insist that this is not a festival. “It is a city in which almost everything that happens is created solely by its inhabitants. They are active participants in our overall performance, the official description of this incredible event.

And I dare say that Burning Man is a place of power for freedom-loving people. It is not surprising that this year, among all the installations, the Ukrainian one stood out. What we are talking about and what in general is this wonderful action, I tell later in the article.

The Burning Man Burning Man Festival has been held in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada since 1986. The event lasts 8 days, during which a huge desert area turns into a real city full of people.

Freedom of expression The main principle of this incredible event. People come to the desert and create installations for every taste and color. And at the end of the festival week, almost a ritual happens: participants gather to burn a huge statue of a man. Hence the name of the festival.

In addition, Burning Man has a huge number of bright performances, DJ sets and other performances. This is a real creative extravaganza, during which people make new acquaintances, relax and discover our wonderful world from a completely different side.

I learned about the festival from the video of Anton Ptushkin. I highly recommend you watch the video. You will get a lot of fun and will be able to plunge into the atmosphere of the sandy town.

about:blank

Ukraine’s place at the Burning Man festival is a place where you can not be afraid to express your position. You'll be heard and understood. There is no place for envy, swearing and baseless accusations. All are equal in the face of justice.

Instagram / @vilnishkis It is not surprising that the participants of the festival decided to express their support for Ukraine. A country that has been selflessly fighting world evil for more than six months. After the full-scale invasion of Russia, not only the lives of Ukrainians have changed. The whole world started to change.

Today, Ukraine has become an example for many. Ukrainians have shown what a real struggle for their freedom is. So Burning Man came up with an installation symbolizing this struggle. Almost 5-meter coat of arms of Ukraine became the personification of total resistance to evil.

The sculpture was created from plywood on the principle of cells. The artists called their art object the Freedom Trident.

We chose the coat of arms of Ukraine, which is believed to have originated as a generic symbol, a synthesis of the divine elements of fire and water in the manifested world. Today, the trident is a symbol of unity and freedom, perseverance and determination, the struggle for freedom and democracy. The wisdom embedded in the trident is universal, its creators tell about the installation.

When the sand festival is over, they plan to donate the art object to representatives of the Ukrainian diaspora in Southern California. According to Burning Man rules, all sculptures are burned on the last day of the event.

This year Ukraine at the festival is also represented by singer Alina Pash. A few days ago, she announced her solo performance, as well as a joint performance with artist NØT THAT.

I called what Alina is doing a performance. She doesn't just sing songs. It sends an important message to the audience. The war in Ukraine is not over yet. Pash stresses the fault of innocent people in her country every day.

Instagram / @alinapash Such speeches are very important for Ukraine. First, because of them, war does not disappear from the world agenda. We need to talk about it! Secondly, Alina Pash and other musicians show the world what Ukrainian culture is.

Alina’s work is permeated through with folklore motifs. And she skillfully interweaves them with truly modern music. Professional video shooting without accreditation is prohibited at the festival. But I would love to see at least a piece of Alina’s speech. I'm sure it was fabulous!

Burning Man Festival has become another place where Ukraine has managed to loudly declare itself. This proves that Ukrainians are moving in the right direction. Great trend!

Do you know about this sand festival? If not, let me remind you of Anton Ptushkin’s video. It's really worth watching!

Tags

See also

New and interesting