From graffiti to the gallery

It all starts with scribbles on an abandoned building, then another and another, until, until one day does not turn a blind wall in the whole picture. Signature - the finishing touch of the author.

Taiwan, Taipei, a place near the station Ximena, where large numbers of young people.

In the end, this homemade canvas is cleared, restored banal white wall, and the process can begin again. The nature of street art is spontaneous, public and fleeting.
"Graffiti is illegal, but it is a true art form" - a well-known 31-year-old graffiti artist Peter Ferrari, who holds a can in his hands 15 years.

What began as a subculture in the streets of New York in the 1970s and became popular in the following decades. Graffiti, often used as a synonym for & quot; street art & quot ;, and was aesthetically fashionable in many places and countries.

"Graffiti is a confirmation of the individual" - says Sara Cochran, curator of contemporary hotel Phoenix Art Museum. Artists tend to turn ordinary walls in bright and unusual paintings.

Recently graffiti use for their creations not only walls, but also the asphalt, boxes and even cars.

"My City, London, has just completed a project to fill our center graphite drawings. I love them and I think they reflect the character of the place where I live. The public art and street art share a common goal, to change the appearance of the medium to reflect something unique. "- Graham Parker writes Benedict.

In Russia, the graffiti does not support. A recent project to transform the ordinary into the courtyard of the St. Petersburg breathtaking Italian landscape has been suspended. Some graffiti painted over. Local residents are trying to defend the remaining part.

Source: novser.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting